Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Toys R Us has finally reached 50-70% off everything.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Sign up at Garden City store says 50% off fixtures, so getting desperate now... and they told me that they can't sell anything with their logo still on it, so have to scratch off the logo from things like the baskets (I wanted to buy a basket as a souvenir, but not if the logo is scratched off).
    that's weird, I bought a 'transformers' shelf sign that had the R logo on it, no one even blinked.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Galvatran Guest

I wonder if the closing down sale has had an acute impact on other similar sized retail stores such as Toyworld / Toy Kingdom?

I doubt it, there will probably be a slow down over the next few months as birthday and Christmas presents are 'not' purchased because they were bought at the sale.
    I don't think it will be acute as such. A lot of the stuff purchased at the liquidation will not be saved for presents, a certain amount of it will be people buying stuff because it's 50% off and will put it straight in to service, I know we did with a ride on Thomas the tank engine this last week.

Also, as people ramp up to Christmas, they are going to have less places to shop at now, so the remaining stores will probably find they are slightly busier.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Since TRU has a higher mark up and most of the good stuff was heavily depleted during when they announced 30-40% off discount, the impact is probably the same or a little more than any point of the year when Kmart/BigW is running a general 20-25% off discount on all toys when you're not.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

If I was in Sydney I’d be looking to buy up their shelving and fixtures cheap for my TF shed when I build it. I wouldn’t be holding out much hope for getting any figures I wanted at this stage.

Galvatran Guest

Sounds as though TRU are desperate & keen on selling their shelving units. Good deals to be had.