Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Confused about Predaking and Volcanicus size differential (Power of the Primes)

I tried to give away a loose G1 Headstrong for free once. Nobody was interested and I think I had to coerce someone just to take it off my hands.

Ahh... the days when I literally could've give away a G1 Predacon.

P.S.: something else that I like about the reissues is that they're die-cast metal. The overwhelming majority of G1 Predacons are plastic, the die-cast versions are extremely rare and may sell for even more of a rip-off price than the plastic G1s. With reissues you're getting the die-cast versions at a much better price.

2-3 reasons why the Dinobots and Predacons might often be fanon-paired up as rivals:

1) they're both animalistic subgroups without an equivalent 'conceptually opposite' enemy group, e.g. Aerialbots VS Stunticons, rescue/emergency-vehicle Protectobots VS war-machine (and space shuttle for some reason) Combaticons. Or the later high-tech/'smart' Technobots VS robotic monster/'brute force' Terrorcons.

2) the Predacons (or rather Predaking) were generally portrayed as bigger/stronger than the other combiner teams, largely (IMO) due to the G1 toy size.

3) The ad for the Predacons pairs them up with/opposite to the Dinobots.

Going by the cartoon though, the Dinobots Nemesis character was more Devastator, whose main fictional Nemesis was in turn Omega Supreme, and the Predacons were generally portrayed as Rivals to Sky Lynx.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    and the Predacons were generally portrayed as Rivals to Sky Lynx.
    So much this.

Dev / Dinos or Omega
    Menasor / Superion
    Bruticus / Defensor
    Abominus / Computron
    Predaking / Sky Lynx
    Piranacon / ???
    Monstructor / ???

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    2) the Predacons (or rather Predaking) were generally portrayed as bigger/stronger than the other combiner teams, largely (IMO) due to the G1 toy size.
    This is a very good point, the G1 predacons are massive compared to the scramble city combiners, perhaps this is in part where the modern size variation comes from.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Predaking is pretty much the last Western G1 combiner not to have a recent updated release.

As the others have alluded to, it's all about having a centerpiece titan class figure in their respective lines: Thrilling 30 Metroplex, Combiner Wars Devastator, Power of The Primes Predaking, Siege Omega Supreme. It's obviously a conscious marketing decision by Hasbro.

But the "vinegar protocol" has been activated by the OP... how is this thread still alive? Lol

But in all seriousness, the scale thing can drive anyone nuts.
    I'm happy to mix and match my bots (different lines, original plus 3rd party, etc.)

Love the combiner wars Devy but not a fan of Predaking... not so much due to size but the fact that the transformation and animal modes really sucked IMO.

But that's just me....

WTF is a vinegar protocol?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    WTF is a vinegar protocol?
    I have no idea...
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I have no idea...
    Vinegar is great for killing household germs. Perhaps that's what it's referencing?

Hasbro could do a new series of Constructicons in deluxe size to match other combiners, they could do them yellow instead for something different.
    Also yellow is more familiar to kids, and since most other toy trucks and dozers are that color it would be cool to have these.

Dinobots, i wish they were all voyagers. Just because I have always seen them as giants that should at least tower over the Autobot cars. Deluxe size does not make sense even though they are equivalent to the G1 toy size.