Thread: PC DX reissue

Default PC DX reissue

Admins please remove if mentioned elsewhere, but I saw this leaked image on my Facebook timeline and I'm so excited I had to share. Looks like the rebooted Diaclone line will be doing reissues, beginning with the legendary PC DX set. The accompanying post said it would be 32,000yen and released October this year. I know that price is steep but considering they would have had to remake the Mirage mold and also considering that the vintage sets go for anywhere from $15k - $40k on the aftermarket, I'm okay with this price.

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Admins please remove if mentioned elsewhere, but I saw this leaked image on my Facebook timeline and I'm so excited I had to share. Looks like the rebooted Diaclone line will be doing reissues, beginning with the legendary PC DX set. The accompanying post said it would be 32,000yen and released October this year. I know that price is steep but considering they would have had to remake the Mirage mold and also considering that the vintage sets go for anywhere from $15k - $40k on the aftermarket, I'm okay with this price.

Thats a good one!

Alrighty, it's past midday now (in NSW), so yeah this is an April Fools joke. Tried my best to make it as believable as possible. I updated the Takara Tomy logo, added the new Diaclone reboot logo, "do not distribute" watermark in Japanese (thanks Gok) and generally tidied up the box as best I could. Also warped the angle of the box so you wouldn't be able to do a reverse image search.
    Here is the original image for comparison:

It would be nice if a PC DX reissue actually did happen!
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Yeah, the alternate Diaclone logo I added in had 復刻版 ("reissue") printed beneath it, and small text down the bottom was changed -- year was changed to 2019 and also "MADE IN VIETNAM."

Also thanks to Tha_Phantom for his help in my MP Optimus Prime V3 prank as he helped clean up the image by making the robot and truck images on the fake box match (originally one was lighter than the other due to different lighting conditions in the photos).

Mods: This thread can be moved to the Creative Stuff section now as April Fool's has been over for quite a while now.