Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Transformers TCG Series 3 out June 28th

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

do we know if the ranks will play any roll in the game, or is it just a way of re-using characters?

Maybe there are some battle cards that refer to certain ranks, like some do for certain functions or allegiances.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Excellent work again guys.
    It is good to see WOTC are still wanting to use some Australian fans for their global marketing.
    Cheers mate. Our contact at Hasbro seems to be pretty consistently happy with the coverage and interest that my and Bladestorm's blogs seem to generate so hopefully they continue to use us in the future. And thank you for letting us post our reveals on here - Hasbro Australia is always very keen on Ozformers getting kept up to date with all the TCG stuff

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    do we know if the ranks will play any roll in the game, or is it just a way of re-using characters?
    Until I saw Bladestorms reveal about Sargent Skrapnel I didn't know that 'Priavte Stakeout' was anything more than a moniker put on the front of his name. There has also now been revealed a 'Private Sideswipe' and 'Raider Runabout' so I presume the ranks must mean something, but I haven't received any info about it.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    I have no idea what the ranks are intended for either and have the same question. I wonder if it is game specific or something that will tie the game characters into the toys in the future...

I did find the spelling intriguing when I was given my card to reveal but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Some more battle cards revealed this week...

A couple of Upgrade cards for Defence and Utility.

A Weapon card exclusively for Shockwave.

An Action card to do damage to multiple opponents, if your character has a high star count.

And a look at some of the limited edition gold cards, to be released/sold at some locations to promote the 3rd series. (no word yet if they will be released in Australia)

A couple of character card reveals from last week that I seemed to have missed...

Starscream and Sideswipe.

Hound, Redheat, Runabout, Runamuck, Firedrive and a battle card.
    (it is interesting to see that if you have the two Battlechargers on your team, you can transform them both at the same time between both modes)

And if it has been hard to keep track of all of these scattered reveals, the official facebook page has now posted up galleries of the Character Cards and Battle Cards that have so far been officially revealed.
    They have 45 of the 48 Character cards on there, and 41 of the 64 Battle cards for Series 3 (they might not be including the re-released cards though).

Seibertron has posted up this GREAT review of quite a few of the recent reveals of Series 3 cards, hyping up the specific features of various cards, and noting that there will be some new rules being released for "competitive" gaming (like tournaments and other organised events of multiple players), including the option of "sideboarding" (an option for competitive gamers to have on hand extra cards to swap out between games, if they feel they need to adjust their team or battle cards, so that they aren't required to use the same deck during a tournament).
    If you are planning to get into Series 3 when it is released later this month, you should really read this review.

BTW, I had noticed that both of you (BigTrev and Bladestorm) posted up your cards on TFW, but they seem to be the only ones being skipped on their front news page so far... in favour of the American reveals perhaps?
    Seibertron posted them up on their news page, within a day of your exclusive reveals.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    BTW, I had noticed that both of you (BigTrev and Bladestorm) posted up your cards on TFW, but they seem to be the only ones being skipped on their front news page so far... in favour of the American reveals perhaps?
    Seibertron posted them up on their news page, within a day of your exclusive reveals.
    Yeah, don't know what happened there. They have put up some (but not all) of my TCG reveals/reviews as news stories before. Maybe this one wasn't that big a news as none of the youtubers picked it up either.

But at least Seibertron and Tformers ran the stories and put up links to our blogs

The boxed sets like Devastator were sent to those fansites as well, so they won't post up other people's reviews if they are wanting people to stay on their site. But the exclusive card reveals to just one fansite are ones that they would need to credit, otherwise they won't be able to post them up until they are added to the official site.

Just noting that I found at a Toyworld in Brisbane, both the Metroplex set and Devastator set, for $30 each... for those yet to find them here.

Also, today is the 28th, which means that the third series can be sold by retailers now.