View Poll Results: Cyberverse Slipstream - worth getting?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • She finally gets a 100% original toy? Hells yeah!

1 33.33%
  • Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

1 33.33%
  • I'll slip ya tree-fiddy to chuck this toy in a stream

1 33.33%

Thread: Toy Review - Cyberverse Slipstream (Ultra)

Default Toy Review - Cyberverse Slipstream (Ultra)

Slipstream
    Series - Cyberverse
    Size/class - Ultra
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Released here - Yup
    Approximate Retail Price - $39
    Approximate Size - 18cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Stylized Fighter Jet
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Sonic Swirl
    Main Colours - Purple, Aquamarine

Robot Mode

I reckon without a doubt this is the best looking Slipstream we have ever had!* Not a recoloured Starscream, not Windblade with an Animated-style head stuck on.* The proportions, the colour scheme, the arm cannons, the face with the plum coloured lipstick, she looks exactly like she does on the cartoon.* If it wasn’t for the fact you can see a big purple panel hanging down behind her thighs I’d say she was perfect.

Of course, while her looks are great, her articulation is not.* No knee articulation, no neck and head movement and the few places where she does have articulation (hips, shoulders & elbows) the movement is quite limited.* So unless you want her very purposely striding somewhere or doing the splits, you will feel let down here.

Jet Mode

Once again, you can tell this figure was meant to be Slipstream from the start, the jet mode looks just like it does on the cartoon.* The only real letdown to this mode is the very visible hands from the robot mode, it would have taken so little effort for the designers to make them fold into the hollow forearms.

I understand why these gimmicks get put in.* While I as an adult would prefer they get left out so as to put more effort into the rest of the toy, they are very appealing to little kids. My 6 and 4 year old had great fun squeezing the jets guns together to activate the ‘Sonic Swirl’.* It makes some panels pop up off her wings and flip behind her to briefly twirl.* * For me it just seems to be a bit of useless gimmickry that the toy could have done without.*

Ultra Class Slipstream, worth getting?

Aesthetically she is by far the biggest and best looking Slipstream figure we have ever had from any continuity.* Articulation wise she isn’t much better than the KRE-O version.* The vehicle mode looks great but has a couple of glaring issues.* That combined with the very simplistic transformation (9 steps) means that your more serious Transformer fan will happily bypass her. But for young kids, Cyberverse fans or Slipstream & Seeker fanatics (which I am) she is worth shelling out some bucks for.

For lots more information and a ton more pics, please check out my full review of Cyberverse Slipstream HERE

Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 10th June 2019 at 06:25 AM.

I'm all happy for the Cyberverse kids having this figure in their series but gee I wish there was a version for us, mature, serious collectors of the Siege series.