View Poll Results: How much time a day do you spend here?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • 6+ hours per day

5 7.94%
  • 3-6 hours per day

8 12.70%
  • 2 hours per day

22 34.92%
  • 1 hour per day

18 28.57%
  • Less than an hour per day

10 15.87%
  • 2 to 3 days per week

0 0%
  • Once a week

0 0%
  • Less than once a week

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How much time a day do you spend here?

Default How much time a day do you spend here?

Something I've been meaning to post for a while now, after realising that I spend more time each day here than I really want to (which means I don't get to spend much time doing anything else, or even get out of the house much).

It would also give me an idea of something I was also thinking about (which relates to some people getting worked up or depressed over the occasional negative issue here) - how many people here use this fan-forum as their only online community? If you end up spending most or all of your online time here, it would end up affecting you more, emotionally, if anything upsets the balance. This could well be like a 'second home' to some, so changes or disruptions can be something difficult to adapt to or ignore. Like having to share a house with someone you don't like, but you don't have any convenient 'accomodation' alternatives, and you'd miss the neighbours too much...

So, how much time do you spend here each day (approximate, average, estimate).

- 6+ hours per day - you read pretty much everything, and this is really your only online interaction with others, and most of your (online/real) friends are here.
    - 3-6 hours per day - you read and post a lot, and probably don't interact much anywhere else while online.
    - 2 hours per day - you keep track of most current stuff in the 'world of Transformers according to Ozformers'.
    - 1 hour per day - you check a lot of the current stuff, and topics here.
    - Less than an hour per day - you still stop by most days, but to check to see if you have any messages, and maybe check a few current topics.
    - 2 to 3 days per week - this place isn't a significant part of your life, so you don't feel a need to check in every day. Only when you think about it or have the time.
    - Once a week - you are still classed as an 'active member', but don't see a need to be keeping track of news and events as they happen. You can find out about stuff later, like on the weekend when you have time.
    - Less than once a week. (probably won't get many votes here, because most of these people aren't here often to see this poll...)

i voted 1 hour per day also this is the only online community that i do parcipatate on/with

What? No "I like OzBots Machine Men Collectors Australia forum" option?

I voted 2 hours, but it's more like 1.5. Thought I'd round up for you

Yea i would probably spend 1 hour to 1 1/2. Just depends on how often the topics are updated

Probably about a couple of hrs over the course of the day.

Very irregular but I still voted for 2 hours (average). In a day, sometimes I'm online for up to more than 3 hrs (approximately on and off from my PC), reading news & sightings, looking at customs and acquisitions, waiting for something interesting under the sale yard thread. But sometimes not at all, which could be very unlikely.

And yeah, Ozformers is also my first and only online forum I have so far.
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

I voted for 2 hours, even if im not on it continuously, i always like to check posts from time to time during the course of the day

Even if I dont have the opportunity to post or reply to anything, im always reading most things that do go up.

At the moment im tied between the Ozformers Boards and FB as my main online sites. But to my benefit, this one isnt block at work , unlike Facebook

I'm on the higher end of the spectrum which is why I've been trying to reduce my time on here recently. This is the only TF forum I visit, and the only online community I'm active in (a couple of others I lurk or post irregularly at), and yes most of my online/real world friends are here. (And then I wonder why I'm single )
    Last edited by Paulbot; 3rd March 2009 at 10:13 PM.

I check OTCA whenever I'm home cause the laptop is usually next to me whenever I'm watching TV or whatever, but I don't really post that much and just check to see if there's any new posts or whatever... I much rather talk to people in real life hence why I don't use any other forums and I have facebook/myspace cause nearly everyone does, but I don't really use them

North Melbourne-bot...?