Page 119 of 136 FirstFirst ... 99109114115116117118119120121122123124129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1351

Thread: tv shows what u into

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    The blockbuster shut down so now going to netflix. Is there a big selection of movies and shows with everyone now making their own networks?
    It's hit and miss....

There's a bunch of BBC content on there now that's going away in a few weeks. All the Disney stuff went a few months ago to Stan. But on the same time we get the CBS Access stuff on Au Netflix (the new Star Trek shows)

The Netflix original stuff is plentiful and a lot of it's very good.

The selection of movies is also pretty limited overall - not much back catalogue compared to a video store. It's better for more recent films, but heaps of films from the 2000s and the 90s aren't on streaming, and earlier than that it's even harder to find stuff.

My list of things to watch is still longer than I have time in the day to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It's hit and miss....

There's a bunch of BBC content on there now that's going away in a few weeks. All the Disney stuff went a few months ago to Stan. But on the same time we get the CBS Access stuff on Au Netflix (the new Star Trek shows)

The Netflix original stuff is plentiful and a lot of it's very good.

The selection of movies is also pretty limited overall - not much back catalogue compared to a video store. It's better for more recent films, but heaps of films from the 2000s and the 90s aren't on streaming, and earlier than that it's even harder to find stuff.

My list of things to watch is still longer than I have time in the day to watch.
    Paulbot sums it up really well. I like it for the most part. You have to try some different things from time to time to get the algorithm to recommend different things/genres to you or you get a bit locked in to only a few different types of shows/films that it recommends to you.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I has netflix. Suggestions to watch?

Currently watching Punisher series 1 ep8.

Voltron: Legendary Defender
    She-Ra: Princesses of Power
    Brooklyn 99
    The Toys That Made Us
    Black Mirror

That’s all I can think of for now.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

The Umbrella Academy
    Bodyguard
    Luther (although it think Netflix is missing the most recent season)
    Daredevil
    Jessica Jones (Season 1 only though - season 2 wasn’t great)
    Luke Cage (mostly)
    Star Trek: Discovery
    Altered Carbon
    I’ve heard good things about The Expanse but haven’t had a lot of time to check that one out.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I've quite enjoyed watching The Good Place, all three seasons of which are on Netflix. Apparently the writers on it got in touch with the writers from Lost to figure out the best way to hook viewers into watching the next episode, and it shows. It's light and compelling viewing.

Black Books is an incredibly funny English comedy series from about 15 years ago which is all on Netflix.

I didn't mind watching the first season of Good Girls. It's trying desperately to be the new Breaking Bad and it's no where near that level, but I still found it quite watchable.

As far as animated shows go, Disenchanted is quite good viewing (same creator as The Simpsons and Futurama). The first episode is a bit middling, but the rest of it is quite strong. My fiance speaks quite highly of Final Space, though I've not had the chance to watch it myself. There's always Rick and Morty too, which is quite highly rated.

Black Mirror is a near future/sci fi anthology show. Think of it like extended episodes of the old Twilight Zone - each story is entirely self contained and you can watch them in more or less any order.

I couldn't get into Umbrella Academy. I watched the first episode (most of it twice actually) and it just didn't hook me. Ditto Altered Carbon. They're on my 'wait a while, give it another go' list.

I made it through The Expanse season 1. I'm no stranger to a bit of science fiction/space opera television (big fan of BSG and Firefly) but for me it was a bit convoluted.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

If you’re over 18 and enjoy animation, I would recommend checking out: Love, Death + Robots
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    The Umbrella Academy
    Bodyguard
    Luther (although it think Netflix is missing the most recent season)
    Daredevil
    Jessica Jones (Season 1 only though - season 2 wasn’t great)
    Luke Cage (mostly)
    Star Trek: Discovery
    Altered Carbon
    I’ve heard good things about The Expanse but haven’t had a lot of time to check that one out.
    The Expanse is brilliant. One of the best shows going around. The first season was a bit slow but the second season rocked. I haven’t as yet watched the third season because it’s not on Netflix anymore.

To add to the stuff everyone else has mentioned:
    The Dragon Prince (Written by the Avatar people)
    Terrace House
    Devilman Crybaby

Watched the first 2 episodes of the new Ultraman on Netflix.

Not too shabby