Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP Snarl - Expression of Interest

Default MP Snarl - Expression of Interest

Hi guys,

Another project is in discussion. This is more firmed up and pics coming soon.

This other project will be more expensive due to the size.

MP scale, eyes light up, hands, arms, hip and knees articulation. Transformation to remain true to G1 but with minor modification. Size is expected to stand the same as MP Prime.

The cost is estimated at US$800 - $1000 a unit. This will be an MP Snarl. I guess, Tak may not be doing this one. (sorry for the premium pricing but this is for a unique figure but I will try to negotiate better pricing if we can gain volume).

I already have 6 orders. If anyone is interested, please place your interest in this thread.

Design is based on:

So very tempted. If the price comes down some I would be interested

I think I would rather it stand the size of Grimlock, but I wouldn't mind getting one. If the price is cheaper than that. If I win Lotto, I would def buy it, but with a mortgage, I can't afford that.

If its the same size as MP Prime then its too tall - It should display properly with Grimlock and him being taller (MP Prime size) is counter productive to that.

Make an order for MP Sludge and you've got yourself a deal.

Thanks for the feedback.

On the size, I can request for this to be in a smaller scale which would make it cheaper potentially.

However, in the comics and toon, isnt Grimlock one of the smaller Dinobots?

The sizes from tallest to shortest in terms of real scale, wasnt it:

Sludge, Snarl, Slag, Grimlock and Swoop?

If its made to scale of Grimlock, then wouldnt it just feel like a leaderclass?

Sleeve, MP Sludge, this can be considered, but I would need another 10 orders for that. Hence, this can be a future project, but the designer and I cant take that many on at once

Happy to investigate the ideas.

Sludge would indeed be bigger but Snarl should be around the same size as Grimlock.

However typically they have been portrayed at around the same size except for Swoop who is almost always shown as the shortest:

Here is one from Max Dinos:

Last edited by kup; 3rd December 2009 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    If its the same size as MP Prime then its too tall - It should display properly with Grimlock and him being taller (MP Prime size) is counter productive to that.
    Agreed. Him being taller than MP Grimlock would be the reason I'd choose "not" to buy it. Grimlock size would be fantastic and you could put me down for one if that was the case...

Hi guys,

Okay, I have talked to them at length today. They can make an MP Grimlock scaled Snarl. The bot mode will be approximately 10 inches (maybe slightly taller than Grimlock) but will be to scale.

The Dino mode will be slightly larger.

The Good news, the price for a 10 inch figure is now locked in at US$800.

If anyone is serious about committing, the following are what I need to proceed. A 10% deposit is required per figure (at this stage, we are looking at 10 in total).

6 are confirmed so I only have spots for 4 more on OTCA.

Once 10% deposit is received, it will be 1-2 months for the figure design to be shown to the collectors.

We will get an opportunity to make changes but we need to all agree on the changes.

If at that point, people decide they want to pull out, then they will be refunded the deposit. If they wish to proceed, then 50% of the remaining balance is payable.

The final payment will be when evidence shown that the figure is complete and ready for shipment.

The estimated time to completion is 3 months in total.

I am now opening commitments for people on this project.(Please note, this is a private sale and not for mass orders).

Please add your name to the list. It is first come first serve:

All other 6 orders taken.

i really like your payment plans as it gives the option to pull out without penalties if the designs are not up to our standard and/or expectations...
    but im just not too excited about an MP snarl atm...

let us know if the MP galvatron goes ahead though....

btw... i dont understand people's thought processes..
    why does everything have to be benched based on MP grimlock??
    even igear has come up with a KO MP prime to better suit the scale of Taktom's MP grimlock, but IMO, MP grimlock was the mistake. it should have been bigger...taller.

People should make a custom MP grimlock that is larger, not make everything else from henceforth smaller.

It was a constraint that HasTakTom placed on themselves...
    This on the other hand, is a customised project.... you shouldn't have to be bound by anything...