View Poll Results: RtS Legends Megatron - Worth buying?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 84.38%
  • Only if cheap

2 6.25%
  • Only if (something else)

1 3.13%
  • No

2 6.25%
  • Not interested

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - RtS Legends Megatron

Orange cap barrel aside....He's a neat little toy. But I'd like to know how he can interact with Masterpiece Starscream because I'll be darned if I can figure out how he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    But I'd like to know how he can interact with Masterpiece Starscream because I'll be darned if I can figure out how he does.
    Over a cup of earl grey tea
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I know KaRNiV8L PRiME posted a link to a video showing how to do it, but I haven't seen the video and just worked this out today -- the Masterpiece Seekers can indeed hold Legends Megatron. Got a new camera so I felt like taking piccies.

The slot on the rear side of the left side of the grip is designed for an MP Seeker's thumb to slide in.

The two tabs on the right side of the grip are the exact width of the MP Seeker's fingers, so they slide in between.

It's not a very tight grip - but that's not entirely Legends Megatron's fault, the MP Seeker's fingers have always been rather loose anyway (even MP Convoy's Megatron gun isn't held tightly). It holds well enough for display purposes, as you can see in the third image Thundercracker can hold Megatron upward fairly well and it doesn't fall out. But any sudden movement will make Megatron fall out, so it's not effectual for play. But the same can be said for MP Convoy's Megatron gun too.

just my opinion...but i dont like how it sits with the MP's at all...

Yeah but to be fair, it's a Legends Class toy. Thus it's primary purpose isn't to interact with Masterpieces, but to interact with other Legends Class toys. The slot and tabs that allow MP Seekers to hold Legends Megatron is like a bonus Easter Egg on the toy that just happens to allow the toy to interact with Masterpiece Seekers, but it's not the toy's main function.

Besides, we already have a Masterpiece-scale Megatron gun (the one that came with MP Convoy/Optimus Prime) that Masterpiece toys can hold anyway. But of course, that gun doesn't transform into a robot. I think it's pretty neat of Hasbro to throw in a little Easter Egg like that.

<--Masterpiece Starscream holding the MP Megatron gun accessory that came with MP Optimus Prime

I guess...if you word it THAT way! (ie: "easter egg")
    perhaps im just used to seeing my MP Skywarp holding the MP scale megatron in my displays...

I see you've got the grey barrel variant Gok
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

The orange cap doesn't bother me at all. It's a nice toy with a cool transformation and looks great with the other new figures.

This has got to be the best Legends class figure I own...
    but in saying that I don't own very many...

The "Orange cap" is annoying...but I can live with it...

All Hail Megatron!

This is an awesome little figure and packs more of a punch that what might otherwise might be expected.
    (Or so his orange cap at the end of his Gun mode barrel would have us believe )

His Alt mode is throwback to the original 1984 Megatron toy's Alt mode, that of a German Walther P-38 hand gun and whilst it is entirely too small to be an actual weapon, some may take offense to this anyway.
    With a suitable Metallic Grey paint job and Black grip, Megatron is a pretty cool little gun which also has the ability to be held by a Masterpiece Starscream, Skywarp and/or Thundercracker figure but unfortunately looks a little too big for their hands.

Transformation is a simple process, a hallmark of the Legends Class assortments, with very wise placement of parts to create quite an accurate and impressive Bot mode.

Megatron in this guise is thoroughly reminiscent of his original G1 counterpart, save for his Fusion Cannon which is glaringly obvious.
    Stunning proportions and articulation for this size class, RTS Megatron looks every bit the Menacing leader with an awesome head sculpt and perfect Rub-sign placement.

A great figure and highly recommended, Megatron will definitely be right at home in anyone's collection.