Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Info and Activities > Ratchet's Repair Bay & ID/transformation Help

Sightings/Sales

Old 20th August 2011, 10:32 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I've got Groove covered in peroxide sitting out in the sun in my work's front garden... hey, if I'm stuck here all day I may as well do something useful
Old 20th August 2011, 10:48 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

It will be interesting to know if non Headmaster/Targetmaster toys from 1987 are more compatible with the H2O2.

I have tried at least one toy from 1984, 85, 86, 88 and 89 toys with varied success. Only the 1987 TM/HM toys I can confirm to be incompatible with the liquid form of H2O2.
Old 20th August 2011, 10:55 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I'll be testing my Slugslinger and Triggerhappy tomorrow, hopefully there will be some sun for it to work.

Will post some some before and after pics tomorrow when I get started on it. I am interested to see what happens.
Old 20th August 2011, 11:47 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

I'm going down a slightly different road and trying retrobright on a
USS Flagg. Once I've bought glycerine, xanthan gum and oxy-action washing power in a few weeks (picked up the H2O2 today), I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Figure it should be handy in terms of the big projects that some of us might have.
Old 21st August 2011, 01:06 PM
Rank 1 - New/Inactive

I've been tempted to try this.

I've had my teeth professionally whitened, the expensive (and painful, it really burned) way.

I have touch-up paste, which is much stronger than your store stuff.

I've been tempted to see how well that works, and when I go to the dentist next to get it redone, to get a figure part done at the same time, to test both methods.
Old 21st August 2011, 01:36 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Testing it out on Slugslinger, hopefully there is enough sun to actually do anything.
Old 21st August 2011, 06:24 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Early testing seems to be going well. Sadly the sun was not around for long enough to do a full test, but it looks promising.

Sadly I can't give any pictures or more result until next weekend when I am off. Saturday morning I will get up and do it right away and hope that there is sun about

I had it outside for maybe 3 hours with this stuff on, and there is a change in the discolouring, without any real damage to the plastic that I can see. It still looks as shiny as the discoloured parts. So maybe this could work? Further testing needs to happen before I can give a clearer analysis. (also have to pick up a brush to apply it better)

Sit tight, more to come next weekend.
Old 21st August 2011, 08:44 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Gave Groove his time in the sun today (about five hours) with creme peroxide, with good results.

The amount of whitening seems to be dependent on the amount applied, as his de-colouring isn't consistent. At this stage I'd say you can't put enough of the stuff on.

Alas we have now been forecast 4-5 days of rain.
Old 21st August 2011, 10:05 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
Gave Groove his time in the sun today (about five hours) with creme peroxide, with good results.

The amount of whitening seems to be dependent on the amount applied, as his de-colouring isn't consistent. At this stage I'd say you can't put enough of the stuff on.

im waiting for some good sun to do my groove
Old 23rd August 2011, 05:57 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaketales View Post

any chance you can post some before and after pics for us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
I'll be testing my Slugslinger and Triggerhappy tomorrow, hopefully there will be some sun for it to work.

Will post some some before and after pics tomorrow when I get started on it. I am interested to see what happens.
cool.. very interested to see how your tests turn out. pls keep us posted with pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
I'm going down a slightly different road and trying retrobright on a
USS Flagg. Once I've bought glycerine, xanthan gum and oxy-action washing power in a few weeks (picked up the H2O2 today), I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Figure it should be handy in terms of the big projects that some of us might have.
where the heck do you get glycerine and xanthan gum?
i've been looking for those two ingredients to make my own retr0brite for ages now but have had no luck in finding them.

i opted out for the 12%/40vol peroxide cream from price attack at $10 per bottle for 950ml. it seemed cheaper and lot less less troublesome than H202 + glycerine + xanthan gum + oxy-action washing power. isnt it?