Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > News > Soundwave's Global News

Sightings/Sales

Old 24th June 2012, 01:37 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I thought I was done with Transformers. I am pretty happy with my Classics collection and with 3rd Party products taking over the hobby I thought it was the perfect time to say goodbye to this franchise (the movies also helped in my decision).

But then, when I first saw this there was no way I could resist. MP Soundwave, MP Sideswipe, MP Red Alert and MP MINIONS!!!!!
And to top it off, they are all in decent scale to each other.

Now I will be scouring TRU in October, hunting MP-10 and once again excited by the franchise.
Old 24th June 2012, 09:48 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
I think my wallet just got up and threw itself at ze computer screen. This is bought!

Where's Hursti that non believer!? He's gona let out the biggest nerd squeel when he sees this thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
Am I the only one who feels like they've died and gone to heaven? This is what I'm talking about!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
Soundwave is REALLY tickling my sausage right now!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
Like a lampshade!! as in, all over it!
Quote:
Would anyone really want to take public transport holding an 80's cassette player ?
I wouldn't mind, but then I've never really liked/used Walkmans/Discmans/Mp3 Players whilst moving in Public as I like to be able to hear my surroundings & Metal doesn't really cater for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
is hurtsy avoiding thread coz he knows he must by 2 of them! three to fit all the cassettes in :P
Quote:
Nah he's seen this thread alright. He's probably convulsing and frothing on the floor because he can't believe the day has finally come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
This is the MP figure I've been waiting for too, since God knows when!

So excited!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
Amazing! Bought. Just so bought. Lazerbeak is amazing....
*First,
Rather than typing how I felt upon learning of this Official Announcement, let me show you. *Link not suitable for anyone 15 years or under*

*Second,
This is what occurred today :

*Third,
My thoughts: Seriously, who'd of thought that a "Box" could do so much and look so amazing? - Also, who'd of thought that given the near or exact same dimensions as the original 1980s micro-cassettes, we'd be offered such incredibly accurate and intricate minions?

I am so resoundingly impressed with the fact that these objects exist & that I'll be able to own them, Soundwave's proportions are so brilliantly realised both in stature & build whilst also retaining all of his original gimmicks; Just the fact that he can hold more than a singular cassette without having a goofily-extended chest/door cavity & being able to eject said tapes himself displays such a marked 'Masterpiece' level engineering improvement, if he were to also double as a functioning MP3 player it would indeed simply be icing on a magnificent cake.

His paint app colours (whilst distantly viewed) look to be heavily Cartoon inspired with just the right amounts of trimming brought over from the original figure, his head sculpt looks thoroughly superb and his knees no longer suffer from backward-knee syndrome - His knees no longer suffer from backward-knee syndrome!

The additions of having both a miniature G1 Megatron in Gun mode (No doubt scaled to work with MP-10) & Official Energon Cubes (Note: They're empty because Soundwave produced vessels to be filled, never did he ever produce 'Filled' Energon Cubes from his chest ) as well as what seems to be an additional replacement 'Scanner' hand-appendage (Though yet to be confirmed I believe), all make for one incredibly complete Masterpiece Toy offering in my honest opinion.

This oh so sweet product, coupled with the reality that it's an effigy of my most Favourite Cybertronian of all time, left it extremely hard for me to not go ahead with a pre-order for his Japanese Amazon Exclusive release; In my mind & eyes, what I've seen has totally justified the price but it is going to be so horribly excruciating having to wait until December to actually receive him.

What a beautiful Xmas present he will make...
Hello memories of Xmas 1990.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxWYq8kMnGs

Just glimpsed at this vid posted by Masabon from TFW2005 forums- video of the tokyo toy show presentation.

MP intros start from 13:50 of the vid.

Although from 25:40 is pretty amazing!

(Spoilers for Soundwave)

Stores 3 cassettes! And the way they eject!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
OMG the spoilers for Soundwave!!! that is f'ing awesome. Must watch for any Soundwave fan.
Totally agree Kaiden, any & every Soundwave fan needs to partake in the viewing of that video; As such, a BIG! thank you goes out to Masabon of the TFW2005 boards as well as to GDMetro for sharing said video with us.
*Re comments on the video: FFS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
I thought I was done with Transformers. I am pretty happy with my Classics collection and with 3rd Party products taking over the hobby I thought it was the perfect time to say goodbye to this franchise (the movies also helped in my decision).

But then, when I first saw this there was no way I could resist. MP Soundwave, MP Sideswipe, MP Red Alert and MP MINIONS!!!!!
And to top it off, they are all in decent scale to each other.

Now I will be scouring TRU in October, hunting MP-10 and once again excited by the franchise.
This, is extremely pleasing to read TheFallen - I am very glad to hear that this reveal has affected in you in such a way, HasTak & the Engineers really need to see your comment.
Old 24th June 2012, 10:40 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
I wouldn't mind, but then I've never really liked/used Walkmans/Discmans/Mp3 Players whilst moving in Public as I like to be able to hear my surroundings & Metal doesn't really cater for that.

*First,
Rather than typing how I felt upon learning of this Official Announcement, let me show you. *Link not suitable for anyone 15 years or under*

*Second,
This is what occurred today :

*Third,
My thoughts: Seriously, who'd of thought that a "Box" could do so much and look so amazing? - Also, who'd of thought that given the near or exact same dimensions as the original 1980s micro-cassettes, we'd be offered such incredibly accurate and intricate minions?

I am so resoundingly impressed with the fact that these objects exist & that I'll be able to own them, Soundwave's proportions are so brilliantly realised both in stature & build whilst also retaining all of his original gimmicks; Just the fact that he can hold more than a singular cassette without having a goofily-extended chest/door cavity & being able to eject said tapes himself displays such a marked 'Masterpiece' level engineering improvement, if he were to also double as a functioning MP3 player it would indeed simply be icing on a magnificent cake.

His paint app colours (whilst distantly viewed) look to be heavily Cartoon inspired with just the right amounts of trimming brought over from the original figure, his head sculpt looks thoroughly superb and his knees no longer suffer from backward-knee syndrome - His knees no longer suffer from backward-knee syndrome!

The additions of having both a miniature G1 Megatron in Gun mode (No doubt scaled to work with MP-10) & Official Energon Cubes (Note: They're empty because Soundwave produced vessels to be filled, never did he ever produce 'Filled' Energon Cubes from his chest ) as well as what seems to be an additional replacement 'Scanner' hand-appendage (Though yet to be confirmed I believe), all make for one incredibly complete Masterpiece Toy offering in my honest opinion.

This oh so sweet product, coupled with the reality that it's an effigy of my most Favourite Cybertronian of all time, left it extremely hard for me to not go ahead with a pre-order for his Japanese Amazon Exclusive release; In my mind & eyes, what I've seen has totally justified the price but it is going to be so horribly excruciating having to wait until December to actually receive him.

What a beautiful Xmas present he will make...
Hello memories of Xmas 1990.

Totally agree Kaiden, any & every Soundwave fan needs to partake in the viewing of that video; As such, a BIG! thank you goes out to Masabon of the TFW2005 boards as well as to GDMetro for sharing said video with us.
*Re comments on the video: FFS.

This, is extremely pleasing to read TheFallen - I am very glad to hear that this reveal has affected in you in such a way, HasTak & the Engineers really need to see your comment.
The engineering on laserbeak is amazing
Old 26th June 2012, 09:12 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I wish he could fit more than 3 cassettes

Nil
Wanting:
MP wheeljack, bumblebee, Jazz, Riccochet, Glacialord
Selling:
Plenty @Perth Nexus
Old 26th June 2012, 09:31 PM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

Pre-order up at HLJ. Red Alert is up as well.
I don't really like the look of the Amazon exclusive bits so HLJ here I come.
Old 26th June 2012, 10:41 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

But will there be a MP-13X Special Edition?

I'm still waiting to see the MP-9X appear too

Last edited by Paulbot; 26th June 2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Uploaded better version of my pic
Old 27th June 2012, 01:57 AM
Rank 8 - Multi-Section Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
Pre-order up at HLJ. Red Alert is up as well.
I don't really like the look of the Amazon exclusive bits so HLJ here I come.
Thanks! Put in an order there too. At least I know with HLJ that if something goes wrong they will look after me.

Toy Wholesaler has them up for about $135 (43,956jpy for a box of 4). Not sure I can be bothered with a group buy tho...

Last edited by Tober; 27th June 2012 at 05:46 AM.
Old 27th June 2012, 08:57 AM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober View Post
Thanks! Put in an order there too. At least I know with HLJ that if something goes wrong they will look after me.

Toy Wholesaler has them up for about $135 (43,956jpy for a box of 4). Not sure I can be bothered with a group buy tho...
Well at that price you have one guaranteed sale if you decide to.
Old 22nd January 2013, 12:10 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
But will there be a MP-13X Special Edition?

I'm still waiting to see the MP-9X appear too
I would buy it even if he doesn't have a face. The Ehobby Comic Grimlock was all sorts of Awesome.
Old 22nd January 2013, 07:52 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

In-hand pics from ACToys up at TFW2005.com.