Originally Posted by Deonasis
Yep Hursti, I am torn between a chance to win this^ and the pre-order bonuses from EB Games. Does it say anywhere how big the HDD on the prize is? I couldn't see it anywhere.
Looking at the Terms & Conditions here
TRANSFORMERS: FALL OF CYBERTRON - 22/08/12 to 05/09/12
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each entrant
2. Any costs associated with entering (i.e. by email) remain the responsibility of each entrant and are dependent on the internet service provider used.
3. Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older. Directors, management and employees of the Promoter and agencies, retailers and suppliers associated with this promotion and the immediate family members of these people are ineligible to enter.
4. Promotion commences at 9:00am (AEST) on 22/08/2012 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) on 05/09/12 (Promotional Period). www.jbhifi.com.au/transformers
5. To enter: eligible entrants must purchase Transformers: Fall of Cybertron video game on PlayStation or Xbox 360 from JB Hi-Fi within the promotional period and must email email@example.com and state in 25 words or less which Transformers character they would like to be and why. Entries must be received during the Promotional Period. Entries will be deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission by the entrant. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. Any entry that contains swearing, defamatory comments, inappropriate, misleading or offensive language will, at the judgesí discretion, be deemed to be ineligible. Only one entry per person and email address permitted. A valid receipt number must be included for the entry to be eligible.
6. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter may use, and may disclose in any newspaper, advertisement, publication, media statement or other general and promotional material, any materials entrants provide in relation to the promotion for the Promoterís promotional and business purposes, without compensation, restriction on use or attribution.
a. All valid entries will be judged by representatives of the Promoter based upon literary and creative merit. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Judging will take place on one occasion during the Promotional Period with all prizes to be awarded at the time. Judging will take place at JB Hi-FI Group Pty Ltd, Support Office level 4 Office Tower 2 Chadstone Place, Chadstone Shopping Centre 1341 Dandenong Road Chadstone Vic 3148 on 06/09/12 at 12.00pm] (AEST) from among all eligible entries received up to that date, the best 3 x valid entries as determined by the judge/s will be awarded first prizes. The next best 50 x valid entries will be awarded Runnerís up prizes. Winners will be notified by email.7. There are 3 First Prizes. First prize is Transformers Fall of Cybertron XBOX 360 console. The console is limited edition and valued at $1,000RRP. There 50 x runners up prizes of Transformers Fall of Cybertron T-shirts, valued at $35RRP. Total prize pool is valued at $4,750RRP.
8. Prizes will be delivered to winners within 28 days of providing their postal address details. Prizes will be delivered to Australian addresses only.
9. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. The Promoterís decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. If a prize, or element of a prize, is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize of equal or greater value for that prize, or element of it.
10. In the event of the prize not being accepted or claimed by 06/10/2012, the relevant winner's entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to distribute the prize to the next best valid entry that has not already received a prize.
11. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning of the prizes. Independent financial advice should be sought.
12. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this promotion. If the promotion is not capable of being conducted due to circumstances beyond the Promoterís control, including due to any technical or communications problems, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or cancel the promotion.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify all entries from any entrant who tampers with, or benefits from tampering with, the entry process or the promotion.
14. The Promoter and its agencies and companies associated with this promotion will not be liable for any loss (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), expense, damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any personís negligence) relating to this promotion or the awarding or taking of the prizes except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable by law).
15. Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage in transit to prizes.
16. The information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this promotion. The Promoter may disclose claimantsí personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this promotion or communicating with claimants.
17. The Promoter is JB Hi-Fi Group Pty Ltd (ABN 37 093 II4 286). JB Hi-FI Group Pty Ltd, Support Office level 4 Office Tower 2 Chadstone Place, Chadstone Shopping Centre 1341 Dandenong Road Chadstone Vic 3148
The highlighted is the only direct reference to the console that is made, and alas it doesn't mention any specifics about the console beyond its total value & limited nature; $1,000 (Presumably Aussie Dollars) sounds pretty bloody high for a current Gen system IMO, so one would have to assume that it'd be a 'top of the line' model once you consider the licensing required by Hasbro, Activision & High Moon Studios - that's about as much help I can give dude beyond suggesting calling JB-Hifi perhaps?