Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

Will probably have to go all in* because I don't know a single newsagent that will carry this for more than 4 issues but I've dreamed for quite a while of a collection weaving the US and UK Marvel issues together in chronological order.

*Only problem with IDW is I've already got most of it from Costa's Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee2000 View Post
    Will probably have to go all in* because I don't know a single newsagent that will carry this for more than 4 issues but I've dreamed for quite a while of a collection weaving the US and UK Marvel issues together in chronological order.

*Only problem with IDW is I've already got most of it from Costa's Chaos.
    I phoned my local newsagent today and asked if they had it. They did but won't order the future issues for me due to people dropping out once they have to pay full price. Why bother getting the first issue in if they won't support the future ones?
    Ended up subscribing online after 200 attempts to navigate the stupid website.

It's a shame, but expected... it will make it difficult to acquire the few issues that I want (the recoloured issues), or even to just stop at the end of the 1980s comic if they are releasing them at random here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's a shame, but expected... it will make it difficult to acquire the few issues that I want (the recoloured issues), or even to just stop at the end of the 1980s comic if they are releasing them at random here as well.
    Based on the website the release order here is the same (random order) as in the UK. We're just six/seven months behind.

If they were in order I'd just get the first 20 and call it a day.

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It's not really 'random', it's a deliberate order that ensures buyers can't complete any of the particular series in the collection until the end of the collection. The idea is to string you along for the full length of the run and keep you paying from start to end even if you don't actually want a bulk of the individual volumes. Odds are good you'll get a chunk of Marvel G1 upfront but then the rest is strung out over the next six+ years

Quote Originally Posted by Other View Post
    It's not really 'random', it's a deliberate order that ensures buyers can't complete any of the particular series in the collection until the end of the collection. The idea is to string you along for the full length of the run and keep you paying from start to end even if you don't actually want a bulk of the individual volumes. Odds are good you'll get a chunk of Marvel G1 upfront but then the rest is strung out over the next six+ years
    2 issues per month... Guess it'll be just over 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    2 issues per month... Guess it'll be just over 3 years
    3 years and about $1600. It's a bit of a commitment but the string it out business model is sound! I'm just about ready to subscribe for something I only want a third of.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    3 years and about $1600. It's a bit of a commitment but the string it out business model is sound! I'm just about ready to subscribe for something I only want a third of.
    I hear ya...

Yippee! just found Issue 1 at a newsagent today in Craigmore. Didn't ask if they'll be carrying the entire range but I will ask when I go pick up Issue 2.

I did the "Star War Fact File" back in the day..... 100 issues got extended when ep 2 came out... was going really well... and the stopped before ep 3!!!!