Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Swindle's Saleyard > Ebay listings & Dealer Ads > Business & Retailer Feedback

Sightings/Sales

Old 29th November 2017, 07:16 PM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza_22 View Post
I've had a quick look through this thread to see if anyone has had a similar experience but I couldn't find anything.

I contacted Westpac to enquire about chargebacks but I was told that they were unable to help me as the transactions were more that 120 days old (even though they were preorders).

Has anyone had success with chargebacks from Westpac that are more than 120 days old?
Yes, many people have challenged that. What kind of card was it? Visa / MC / Amex? What item are you disputing?

There is a clause with all of these card providers that the 120 days doesn't start until the EXPECTED DELIVERY DATE of goods ordered with a delayed delivery.

So, as long as PC posted somewhere (even to you in an email) that it is still coming as recently as 120 days ago, you can use that clause. If PC HASN'T, try to drop them an email and ask when it's coming. They often say "soon" which is everything you need.

Good luck!
Old 29th November 2017, 07:25 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
I've had a quick look through this thread to see if anyone has had a similar experience but I couldn't find anything.

I contacted Westpac to enquire about chargebacks but I was told that they were unable to help me as the transactions were more that 120 days old (even though they were preorders).

Has anyone had success with chargebacks from Westpac that are more than 120 days old?
Yes. Not me personally but yes I have seen people say they got their money back from Westpac.
More often then not when some bank grunt says "the order was made more then 120 days ago, you cant dispute" they are quoting information from the standard "item in stock not delivered" terms, NOT from the "pre order/delayed delivery item not delivered" terms.

Generally all you need to do is talk to someone else that knows about delayed delivery clauses, just call them up and say "I want to dispute an order for an item not in stock to be delivered at a future date, this falls under the delayed delivery terms of my card".
You shouldnt need to say more then that but if you do tell them to look under the following sections of the relevant terms for your card.

VISA: "11.1.10.4 Chargeback Time Limit Reason Code 30" on page PSR-605 in the current core, product and service rules
Quote:
"If the merchandise or services were to be provided after the Transaction Processing Date, 120 calendar days from the last date that the Cardholder expected to receive the merchandise or services or the date that the Cardholder was first made aware that the merchandise or services would not be provided, not to exceed 540 calendar days from the Transaction Processing Date"
Mastercard: Reason code 4855, see "Time Frame" on page 47 of the current chargeback code guide
Quote:
"In cases involving delayed delivery of goods or services and the delivery or performance date was specified by the merchant and the latest anticipated delivery or performance date was specified by the merchant has passed: within 120 calendar days of the latest anticipated delivery or performance date specified by the merchant."
American Express: "Maximum time a dispute can be raised" Reason Code 4554, see page 21 of the current AmEx chargeback codes
Quote:
One hundred and twenty (120) days from (whichever occurred first):
the date the Card Member expected to receive goods and/or services, or
the date the Card Member became aware that the expected goods and/or services would not be provided (not exceeding five hundred and forty (540) days from the date American Express Network processed the Transaction)."
As you can see in all cases if the item was to be delivered at a future date the time limit starts from the date you expected to receive the item, not from the purchase date.
Old 30th November 2017, 08:42 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:

I've had luck w/ St. George (so Westpac). Basically you need to lodge a complaint and it will go to their customer service team. They have been very helpful and got it sorted.
Old 30th November 2017, 09:01 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Thanks for advice and the references guys. Very helpful.

Unfortunately the original ETA for all of the products are further than 120 days ago. I've sent PC an email but considering the last reply I got from them was close to a year ago, I'm not holding my breath!

Failing that, I'll give Westpac another ring and try again.
Old 30th November 2017, 10:31 AM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

Quote:

Unfortunately the original ETA for all of the products are further than 120 days ago. I've sent PC an email but considering the last reply I got from them was close to a year ago, I'm not holding my breath!

Which products? It doesn't have to be the original ETA. It can be ANY ETA.
Old 30th November 2017, 02:16 PM

Jay is correct, if you have an updated ETA from the PC website, PC blog posts, PC facebook, or in an email from him then that is your new ETA and the banks count 120 days from that date, not from the original ETA.
Hell, I disputed and won my money back for an item that was a year overdue just from an email from PC that said "yes your item is overdue, we will let you know why in a week" (btw that was a lie, he never let me know, hence chargebacks), so just PC emailing you recognizing that your items are late might be all you need, especially since lately he's been saying to customers "we wont be getting your items, do a chargeback".
Old 30th November 2017, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
Jay is correct, if you have an updated ETA from the PC website, PC blog posts, PC facebook, or in an email from him then that is your new ETA and the banks count 120 days from that date, not from the original ETA.
Hell, I disputed and won my money back for an item that was a year overdue just from an email from PC that said "yes your item is overdue, we will let you know why in a week" (btw that was a lie, he never let me know, hence chargebacks), so just PC emailing you recognizing that your items are late might be all you need, especially since lately he's been saying to customers "we wont be getting your items, do a chargeback".
I'm hunting right now for an mp-36 date, it's the only chargeback that mastercard didnt approve due to the ETA, despite an email from PC saying I would get it in July, and I started chargebacks in October, so going to see about this one because that's less than 120, and considering that email saying july was also about inferno and I got a refund for him.

Though one was through debit mastercard, one was through mastercard (both cba) so wondering if that makes any difference but I doubt it.
Old 30th November 2017, 09:01 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
Which products? It doesn't have to be the original ETA. It can be ANY ETA.
The outstanding orders I have are for Movie The Best Evasion Optimus Prime, Kotobukiya Artfx Super Deadpool statue and MP Sunstreaker (I realise this one isn't out yet but I've lost all confidence).

Thankfully all of my other orders were through Zippay and I've received that money back.

Unfortunately I haven't received any updates as I think I've upset PC and they're having a sulk and not talking to me.

Thanks for your help.
Old 1st December 2017, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akky82 View Post
I'm hunting right now for an mp-36 date, it's the only chargeback that mastercard didnt approve due to the ETA, despite an email from PC saying I would get it in July, and I started chargebacks in October, so going to see about this one because that's less than 120, and considering that email saying july was also about inferno and I got a refund for him.

Though one was through debit mastercard, one was through mastercard (both cba) so wondering if that makes any difference but I doubt it.
Nope, no difference between a debit MC and a credit MC for chargebacks. I see no reason that they should have rejected your claim for the refund on MP36 as yes October was still within 120 days if you had an email saying July.
120 days passed on November 27th though so unless they will reopen the claim and look at it you will indeed need a new ETA, only thing I can think of is emailing PC and asking where your item is, maybe he'll send a new ETA, maybe he'll send the "I cant get this in, do a chargeback" reply which may be enough for the bank.

Quote:
The outstanding orders I have are for Movie The Best Evasion Optimus Prime, Kotobukiya Artfx Super Deadpool statue and MP Sunstreaker (I realise this one isn't out yet but I've lost all confidence)
It's rare for the banks to process a chargeback for an item that hasnt reached the ETA but you might be able to push it through if you cite suspicion of fraud by PC or if you can get him to send you one of his "do a chargeback" emails.
As for the rest, yeah I'm not seeing any new ETA's so it's going to be another case of trying to get him to email you a new ETA or an admission that he wont be getting the items.
Sorry that I cant suggest more, unfortunately once 120 days from an ETA passes you really dont have much you can do other then take the merchant to court.
Old 1st December 2017, 11:05 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:

Keep ringing Daz,

I wrote a very detailed reply but stupid screen timed out and lost 20min rant.

I got all sorts of results from all service reps with westpac. Some would only help on ones that were in 120 days time frame, one helped with transactions going back to february which were refunded only 2 weeks ago, and some still pending inbetween so its all over the place.

Every customer service rep is different, some know everything and can help, some no nothing and keep putting you on hold, only to find out two weeks later when you ring up again this person entered your dispute details wrong and have to start again, but then all of a sudden you are basically going overdue the dispute dates etc.

All very frustrating, not because it all is with Westpac (some of it) but dam PC ripping us off.