Page 86 of 93 FirstFirst ... 66768182838485868788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: The Waiting Game Thread

Recently saw this video about Why We Don't Like to Wait, and I think one interesting point that it brings up is that waiting makes people anxious as it creates feelings of uncertainty. And often businesses can alleviate these feelings not even by reducing the wait time, but by simply addressing anxiousness and uncertainty. And I think the most pertinent example for online stores would be simply telling people how much time they have left to wait for their orders.

As this video points out, people who were told how much longer they had to wait for something to load felt less anxious than those who were given no information at all. I think that one possible way that online dealers can help to alleviate consumer anxiousness is to simply keep people updated about ETAs. If the ETA of a toy becomes delayed then just tell people. You don't need to email everyone who's preordered the toy, just make single public posts. And of course, be professional and courteous about it.

I think it's the radio silence that many of us experience from some online dealers that drives us nuts, and it is because we are given feelings of uncertainty which feeds anxiousness, and this in turn leads to frustration and even anger. So surely addressing the feelings of uncertainty in the first place will help to arrest all the other negative emotions that would spring from it. And we aren't unjustified in our feelings of uncertainty either as many of us have had orders completely fail to arrive. Voldemort Collectibles is the most notorious example, but I've personally have had orders fail to arrive from TLTC (although I did receive refunds) and I have a long outstanding order from TBI with no word as to what's going on.

Waiting in traffic is often frustrating because it creates feelings of uncertainty and anxiousness. But I find that when I sometimes stop at a red light where the pedestrian crossing shows a timer, it helps to alleviate this feeling as it indicates when the next light change will be. And in some other countries all traffic lights have timers, including the lights for motorists. So you might arrive at a red light and see that you have say 90 seconds to wait and watch the seconds count down towards 0. It's probably the exact same wait time as lights without a visible timer, but simply being able to see the timer can make the wait feel less frustrating.

Over 2 years :O That must be the longest wait on the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Not including outstanding PC orders?

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Got another update from sideshow about my Prime1 Jazz statue and... it’s not a delay!
    I now have a ship date, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it gets pushed back again lol. Preordered him back in December 2016.
    Statues are the worst.

2 years seems standard at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    What do I win? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Statues are the worst.

2 years seems standard at the moment.
    Good to know this is normal. It seems like Prime1 announces a new statue or license every couple of weeks so I was starting to get worried.

Also.... it got delayed again. _(:3」∠)_
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Shockwave from Uncle Pete’s online. Anyone who’s done the same in Vic have an idea of how long it takes?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Decided I didn't need the extra stuff that comes with Leader SS OP (the axe accessory is nice but tbh don't want the trailer since it's all unpainted now) so finally bought the second OP from Amazon for $44... can't wait to get him to combined with Jetfire, he should arrive in the middle of uni exams so seems like a good study break :P

Robotoybase has MPM Jazz listed as “in stock”, so of course I’ve ordered two.
    Weird how HLJ still doesn’t have a preorder listing for him.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Jetfire and Hound from Uncle Pete's. Lemons into lemonade from a previous failed prepurchase refunded to me.

EDIT: Just got the tracking, ETA tomorrow. EEEEEEEEEEEEEE *excited*
    Last edited by TaZZerath; 10th September 2019 at 10:54 AM.

I'm waiting for Amazon to ship my Siege Mirage and Impactor. They were "available" on the 1st, but still no sign of them shipping.