Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Siege stock - is it scalpers or just limited supply from Hasbro?

3 for robot
    3 for camera
    3 for MISB
    3 for customising to their G1 toy-accurate colours

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
    @UltraMarginal,
    I did check with some other Transformer toy collectors and they defined the Inferno Combiner module packing error as this:

There were actually two waves of Combiner Inferno toys, unmarked.
    The first wave was packed with the correct modules as shown on the outside of the packet, the second wave as packed with Dinobot/Volcanicus modules.
    Since the Dinobot modules aren't remotely compatible with the Prime Core module gun combination mode, that made them unusable by me.

I think Hasbro just assumed that what the box was packed with was meant to be, without actually reading my 2 page letter with pictures explaining what they did wrong and just sent another wave 2 Inferno as replacement without even bothering to check the contents of the box.

Then the collectors told me the same thing had been done with Combiner Starscream as well.

So I'm uncertain if BigBadToys can fix that particular issue, they'd have to find a wave 1 Combiner Inferno and sell that instead of the mispacked wave 2 version.

To keep the thread being derailed, you can go here and learn what I did about Fortnite:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=609632
    Got any info on wrong parts? searching the webs isn't showing anything other than box art differs to included parts in all cases.

Basically, from my perspective, unless you're really careless with your Transformer toys and break them/or lose parts, why would anyone need more then one of each character?
    In the Transformers lore one character can often represent many eg Sharkticons

And some toys can be easily turned into others , which is why I bought three PotP Starscreams (but I can see how this can be considered as something different).

What I personally do - and I must stress that this is just what I do and I'm not prescribing this for anyone else - is that when I army build I try to collect variants (which means also getting them from different sources) rather than just buying out loads of the same toy from the one store. Having said that, I find that small and cheap figures like the Legends Class Sharkticon works well for army building because smaller toys are usually produced in much larger quantities. The bigger and dearer the toy then the fewer they make. I remember a lot of people struggling to find even one Generations Scourge to own because other people were army-building Sweeps. I have 2 Sharkticons - one TR and the other is LG.

As mentioned before, what I also sometimes do is just wait a few weeks and if the toy that I want to buy another one of is still in stock then I'll grab it. I'll grab one first then give time for others to grab one. I don't mind if people want to collect multiples but I think that it wouldn't hurt if there were some consideration for our fellow fans.

Example of army building with variants:

No two of these Vehicons are the same toy. They are all different - either as a different mould or variant of the same mould.

Something else that I do is some is just use MS Paint and digitally multiply the number of troops in a shot to create the illusion of an army

In reality it's just the same toy rephotographed in various positions then composited into the same shot

@Krayt

See this photo:

The foot module above the instruction sheet is the one that came with my toy.
    Now compare it to every other picture in the photo and you'll see it's the wrong one.

Whatever the instructions were asking me to do cannot be done with this module.

I've gotta say, I do kind of think 'leave some for others' has a certain validity. Especially since there are kids who are into TFs too, and that's sort of how the brand keeps on going.
    I generally prefer buying loose/used anyway - I get a bargain, someone else gets funds towards something else they want, and the toy doesn't go to waste so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    No, you need 9! 3 for camera, 3 for robot, 3 for MISB.
    +1 or +3 for 'spaceship' mode.
    I'm a bit sad they didn't call it a 'submarine'...

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    +1 or +3 for 'spaceship' mode.
    I'm a bit sad they didn't call it a 'submarine'...
    Oh definitely plus 3.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

@Krayt

See this photo:

The foot module above the instruction sheet is the one that came with my toy.
    Now compare it to every other picture in the photo and you'll see it's the wrong one.

Whatever the instructions were asking me to do cannot be done with this module.
    I'm a little confused, mate, the foot module, apart from the shape of the 'toes' is the same across the line. the titan masters, or prime masters will fit in the top of it and the fist modules that come with the deluxes will attach to the back of the foot for added stability.

The functionality of that design is the same across the product line.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I don't know what the instructions are specifying to make, since it's not possible.
    This is as close as I got:

The main problem is that there's something missing from the underside of the foot module, it's probably a post, since in this configuration, it's meant to be gripped by the toy's hand.

Second problem, the spikes on the knuckles prevent the hand module from being rotated into the correct position.
    The Prime Core socket should be on the other side, where it's visible if the toy could actually hold this PrimeMaster Gun assembly.

Now compare this to the instructional pictures and you'll see they show a non-spiked hand.

I don't know what the instructions are specifying to make, since it's not possible.
    This is as close as I got:
    It's not meant to be a weapon that's held by Inferno, the instructions just show how to make feet for the combiners.

I just tried mine and yes the foot looks different to what is shown in the instructions but it combine with deluxe armour to form combiner feet no problem.

The only other thing the instructions show you to do is to plug the feet (without the prime armour) into his back