Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > News > Laserbeak's Sightings

Sightings/Sales

Old 26th January 2009, 06:54 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle
The plastic has been exposed to direct sunlight as well...
Looks like die-cast to me.

Transformers collection: 1803
Old 26th January 2009, 01:45 PM
Rank 9 - Global Mod

The new Camaro hasn't even been released yet. It is one of the longest lead in times for any car. GM really missed the boat.

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm
Old 26th January 2009, 03:02 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
I've been here for a bit over two weeks now and have not seen one GMC Topkick and that's the first Solstice I've seen. Hummers are everywhere, but mostly H3's. I haven't seen any new Camaro's either, but I'm not sure if it's shipped in any of the current waves. Seems GM haven't capitalized too much in sales of the TF models.
Problem with the first movie was that the real GM vehicle forms used were all way out of the price range of the average geek fan who would have been interested in buying a 'real Transformer'. It was good publicity for their products, especially their high-end items, but people would have only bought them because they looked nice as a vehicle, not because it was an Autobot.
I guess that range of expensive GM vehicles could have been becasue the limited number of Autobots meant limited options on GM vehicles. But they could have had at least one using a 'cheap middle class' vehicle form.
I think the second movie is looking to change that though, with a larger cast, and some sneak peaks at a couple of vehicles that fans like us could afford if we wanted 'an Autobot in our garage'.

Ozformers on Twitter (join for Australian Transformers News, First Toy Sightings, and Store Sales)
My BotCon archive (so far includes full coverage of last 7 BotCons)
How to use Amazon America (for cheaper toys)

My collection (updated soon) - - Toys I want - - Recent arrivals - - Random stuff from me
Old 27th January 2009, 05:05 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
Problem with the first movie was that the real GM vehicle forms used were all way out of the price range of the average geek fan who would have been interested in buying a 'real Transformer'.

I do not know if I concur, the new Camaro is only around US $23,000 for the base model. Definitely within the price range of the average middle class consumer. I have already got all my doosh saved should the Camaro come to Aus (please God please). I guesstimate it will be around $55K Aus.
Old 27th January 2009, 06:15 PM
Rank 9 - Global Mod

I think it will be much more expensive, or they will cannibalise the Holden SS, but in the current financial climate, I wonder if it will make it here...

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm
Old 27th January 2009, 08:09 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Heh, Holden Gemini TF... then everyone could afford one. Make it Wheelie.

Transformers collection: 1803
Old 28th January 2009, 12:58 AM
Rank 10 - Admin

The word from the officially licensed Camaro models distributor at the Toyfair last year, was that the Camaro was supposed to be released here either late 2008 early 2009. They were even releasing some of their toy cars in BBee's colours to cash in on the TFs movie, but the primary purpose was to coincide with, and cash in on, the actual release of the car here. Hasn't happened though, and with cut backs in car sales, may not now.

Ozformers on Twitter (join for Australian Transformers News, First Toy Sightings, and Store Sales)
My BotCon archive (so far includes full coverage of last 7 BotCons)
How to use Amazon America (for cheaper toys)

My collection (updated soon) - - Toys I want - - Recent arrivals - - Random stuff from me

Tags
movie toys, sightings