Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Classics 2.0

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Classics 2.0

And on the cobblestones were tomatoes for all.
    ________
    MARY JANE
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 07:39 AM.

Nice, but looks like Cybertron Scattorshot, not Onslaught...

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Nice, but looks like Cybertron Scattorshot, not Onslaught...
    Nope, I don't think so. The leg wheels and the arm gun n shields are definitely knew additions. There's also an

Great choice. Devastator is oversued for me and I just don't care about him enough b/c of that. It's an awesome looking toy.Can't wait. I don't see it being a TFCC exclusive, they only ever do remoulds is my impression.

Last thing that crossed my mind is that this is a retool of Classics Prime. The only problem is there are one too many wheels IIRC. The shield takes the place of the weather vane. The gun is reattached to the top. Could be wrong though.

The only question is whether it'll combine.

I still think it looks more like Scattorshot, even with the cannons (both have them), based on the chest. Still, we haven't seen the alternate mode yet. And I like the look of it either way (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

looks like onslaught to me.
    Looks hardcore.

I need a better pic before I can say anything concrete about it. However from Missile/canon Turret carrier truck to a Swat Ban is a huge leap. When compared to the other Classics, they have reinvented Onslaught rather than updated him since they have essentially changed his Alt mode from the original toy which is something that the original Classics did not do including the repaint Botcon ones.

He also feels more Movie than Classics/G1 but I agree with Dirge, there is an Air of Cybertron Scattershot about him although it is clearly not the same mold.
    ________
    WEEDTRACKER
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 01:21 PM.

It mentions 5 new universe classics
    anyone knows the rest?

Is it at all possible that this toy was intended for the Movie line but made into a Classics 2.0 after design?
    ________
    SILVER SURFER REVIEWS
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 01:21 PM.

Yeah he does seem more Cybertron than movie although the colors used are very similar to those of the movie line, particularly Blackout.

Onslaught is not a borring Flatbed truck when he has a Huge BF twin Barrel canon on its back. It didn't have to be exactly the same as its G1 original but an update or modernisation of it or at least something that is clearly based on the original like Classics Grimlock. His design is radically different than the original and the T-Rex mode is also vastly different yet he does fit the Classics profile perfectly when it comes to modernising a Classic G1 toy. Same goes with Bumblebee. He is not a VW Beetle but the vehicle is a small hatchback which does fit with the small everyday vehicle profile of the original.

This Onslaught is radically different to the original to the point that its like comparing Cybertron Soundwave as a modernisation of G1 Soundwave. Same character name and some resemblence but a complete reimagining not an update.
    ________
    CB650
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 01:22 PM.

I still love the look of it