Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Look - Kre-O Devastator

Default First Look - Kre-O Devastator

I'll let the pic tell the story...

Link to source

How can we go from possibly the best Transformers related news in about a year with FOC Bruticus to this - Crap-O Devastator, all in the space of 24 hours
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I only collect the Kreons and I'm not even excited about the little fella. Yuk!
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

It's not something I'd buy but it looks kinda fun to me. Kids would love it!

Quote Originally Posted by KaRNiV8L PRiME View Post
    I only collect the Kreons and I'm not even excited about the little fella. Yuk!
    You can purchase just the kreons?

Playset concept - good.
    What looks like a fan-made "Parody of a Kre-O Transformer", but is actually a legit Hasbro product - fail.

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    You can purchase just the kreons?
    Not yet, but word from one of the European toyfairs suggested that there should be some Kreon multi-packs coming in the second series.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Playset concept - good.
    What looks like a fan-made "Parody of a Kre-O Transformer", but is actually a legit Hasbro product - fail.
    Agreed on all counts, a figure that looks like a child has made it with a bare bones playset is not a good way to start the new wave .

This set is abysmal, a base plate (that's a great start) but then only a few repetitive pieces and a TARDIS. If it is playsets that the Kreon concept are moving into (a great idea) then why start with a whimper?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I can understand why they are showing it off so early, as it introduces retailers to a new, fancier size-class (like they did with the TF2 Devastator - displaying an unpainted, solid prototype for the "wow" factor) ...as these are going to be the "flagship" items for the next 12 months.... more for the size, unique concept and play-value.
    I think this will have great play value, for a true 3-in-1 concept (that the Optimus set didn't deliver) - it just doesn't translate too well in a single photo, or in those colours. I think if they had Gen1 colours, or just little or no black pieces, it would look a lot better.
    I actually look forward to seeing this one at our Toyfair (hope they have it on display), and would love to take a few photos of it to make it look a lot more impressive than Hasbro's photographer could manage in that catalogue.

The fact the Kreons aren't printed in any way makes me think this one is still in the early development stages.

I do think a green/purple combo would sell more sets, more parents would buy it for their kids based on nostalgia value that way.

Where is it's face? Is it like a magic-eye 3d puzzle or something...?

I think Devastator himself looks cool. I wish there was more to the "playset" bit, there needs to be something more substantial for him to knock over and go "Raaarrrgh!" at.

Does he have Antenna... things on the sides of his head?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post

Where is it's face? Is it like a magic-eye 3d puzzle or something...?
    His head is black (prototype, yo) so it's kind of hard to see. But it's there!