Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 3rd Party Omega Silhouette

$300 is a big ask for a new an untested company.

I'm sure the plastic to dollar value is reasonable for a third party, but the unknown element is a bit of a turn off. Maketoys releases a few things before Giant, and TFC released there Hercules parts one at a time. So I'm cautious.

He looks a bit turkey-ish. bit more bulk around the upper arms and a lot more in the legs.. Good effort though

There's some really nice details on this guy but for the price I think he needs to be more proportionate. I am considering him though. I would really like to see pictures (front, sides and back) or even better, some video. Light gimmick is cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Time and video reviews will tell…

Edit: and we haven't seen the full figure or even a glimpse of the alt mode yet
    I'll need a good amount of both (time and video reviews) I'm usually in the late majority category, but price and size of this thing will make me a laggard

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    $300 is a big ask for a new an untested company.

I'm sure the plastic to dollar value is reasonable for a third party, but the unknown element is a bit of a turn off. Maketoys releases a few things before Giant, and TFC released there Hercules parts one at a time. So I'm cautious.
    Yes I would have preferred to see a few of their offerings before the big jump, but I guess that was apart their marketing strategy in making the big splash? $300 is a lot of money, full set of shipped-Warbots-lot-of-money, or even...

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    An interesting gimmick, but that is one expensive puppy.
    ... a real puppy?

I preordered this from BBTS a few days ago, figured I could always cancel if I changed my mind and it hasn't cost me anything.

Got this email today:

Hi - upon further consideration of this item, we have decided not to carry it. We have cancelled preorders and removed it from our website. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. If you are still interested, Robot Kingdom has this item listed and will fill any orders placed.

Thanks
    www.bigbadtoystore.com
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I preordered this from BBTS a few days ago, figured I could always cancel if I changed my mind and it hasn't cost me anything.

Got this email today:
    Doesn't sound good. It is possibly due to the prominent negative response from people about it. They don't want to be left with dead stock they would have to put on clearance in order to move.

Lights do usually draw me in but with the Year of the Snake Omega coming I'm not sure I want to plonk down 300 for this guy...

More pics courtesy of TFW:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...a-supreme.html

We finally see the full robot mode. His claw is HUGE!! Now we only need to see the alt mode.

I think it's slowly growing on me.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

We finally see the full robot mode. His claw is HUGE!! Now we only need to see the alt mode.

link not working

Seems like a mod has moved the discussion here.

Looks pretty good and amazingly accurate to the game. A good alt mode, and if that robot mode can handle all the upper body weigh then it's going to be hard to fault...