View Poll Results: TF4 Platinum Edition Optimus & Sideswipe - worth buying?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, even if it was $200

1 3.13%
  • Yes, but no more than $150

7 21.88%
  • Yes, but only if it is $100

7 21.88%
  • Not unless it was heavily clearanced and don't care if I miss it

14 43.75%
  • Not even interested

3 9.38%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toy Review - Platinum Edition Optimus with Trailer & Sideswipe

CVonC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CVonC View Post
    This is now on sale @ Myer for $99. You can also get a 10% off using "TOYS10" code (but you will have to pay $9.95 for shipping unless you buy something else to make the total over $100 for free shipping) or present this voucher at the store.

There's way too much chrome on OP's body and that's what's putting me off from buying it. I do like the red to yellow flames though.

Myer are also selling the OP & Grimlock Platinum Edition for $99. There's less chrome on OP's body but too much on his head though. This one transformers in 18 steps compared to the 15 in the trailer set.

HALP! I can't decided which one to get!!
    can't seem to edit my own post...

I also wanted to say that I prefer the blue sword & gun on the OP & Grimlock pack as shown in these pics

Lastly, I'm inclined to believe 18 steps is better than 15 steps. I have the original OP from TF1 and man that takes an eternity to transform! But I love the fact that it does!

Quote Originally Posted by CVonC View Post
    can't seem to edit my own post...

I also wanted to say that I prefer the blue sword & gun on the OP & Grimlock pack as shown in these pics

Lastly, I'm inclined to believe 18 steps is better than 15 steps. I have the original OP from TF1 and man that takes an eternity to transform! But I love the fact that it does!
    Thanks for bringing up the Myer discounts.

Wasn't that interested in purchasing either at $150+ but at $90 a set it's quite tempting to pick one up as I have $120 in gift cards.

For me it comes down to better vehicle modes in the trailer set versus better alt modes, paint schemes and weapons in the double leader set - still doesn't make the choice of which any easier.

I guess I always wanted a leader grimlock in a nicer colour, however I could barely sit through that mess of a movie and the g1 homage/masterpiece trailer could be easier to digest.

Someone decide for us!

CVonC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by laproblematique View Post
    Thanks for bringing up the Myer discounts.

Wasn't that interested in purchasing either at $150+ but at $90 a set it's quite tempting to pick one up as I have $120 in gift cards.

For me it comes down to better vehicle modes in the trailer set versus better alt modes, paint schemes and weapons in the double leader set - still doesn't make the choice of which any easier.

I guess I always wanted a leader grimlock in a nicer colour, however I could barely sit through that mess of a movie and the g1 homage/masterpiece trailer could be easier to digest.
    why do you prefer the vehicle mode in the trailer set? i like the light blue semi-translucent side windows in the double leader set compared to the opaque dark blue side windows in the trailer set.

as for grimlock.. how about this $71 then and now set from Toys R Us? and yeah gosh that movie was so bad.. still have to watch it though being a transformers fan

Someone decide for us!
    lol ikr!

oh and my mistake, i have the OP from ROTF. got it when i went to japan in 2010 (along with a bumbebee that's now missing his guns and knee cap due to nephews and kids coming over )