5 16.13%
  • no

3 9.68%
  • wait for takara version.

3 9.68%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Age of Extinction voyager Evasion mode Optimus Prime

Default Toy Review - Age of Extinction voyager Evasion mode Optimus Prime

Robot mode is nice and solid and is better then i thought.

The transformation is pretty easy to work out.

The alt mode is a great homage to g1 prime

See picture is there any more of reason not to get it? (unless you don't like G1)

wow my carpet looks dirty...........

If a mod can add a poll that would be great.

Would be nice if this was packaged in vehicle mode. I'd like to see the truck mode in person before buying.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post
    If a mod can add a poll that would be great.
    You can do it: Thread tools > Add poll

I just bought this today. Though it feels light, I really like the robot mode and truck mode. And I prefer this head without the mouth plates. All the primes I own have a faceplate. This one has a good detail face and great vehicle mode. If those who wants better paint work, you can wait for the takara mold, but I am happy with this figure.

Disappointing. While the transformation is rather interesting, the end result kinda feels like an oversized Deluxe... only that the DotM Deluxe figure has better articulation and paint apps. The truck doesn't look nice from behind, with an unsightly gap at the back of the cab and the legs are noticeably visible. The limb articulation feels somewhat limited. The clear windows are a nice touch, and I love how it has a missile firing weapon. The hubcaps are unpainted, making the wheels look bland. Optimus Prime is a lot better than his case mate Grimlock though, but Optimus still doesn't quite justify a full Voyager price point -- as I said, he sorta feels like an upsized Deluxe. I say 'sorta' because while the robot and vehicle modes look very much like a Deluxe, the transformation is more complex than what you could achieve with a Deluxe (unlike say, Grimlock, who really is just an upsized Deluxe toy ). So IMHO, the toy has an interesting transformation, but doesn't quite get there in the end in either mode and certainly does not justify full Voyager RRP.

-----------------------------------------

'Scuse the grainy phone pics

I've gotta say, that G1 cab looks great from the side & front, one smoke stack & all.
    & Optimus' ION CANNON! () is also compatible with DoTM Voyager Megatron, which i thought was a nice touch.

From photos, I dislike the red behind the windscreen and the very skinny shoulders.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Cab mode looks great around the red bits...
    Not a fan of the bot mode.
    Will be a pass unless it's marked down and I'll just add it to my Prime lot.

I get mixed up about this toy. The red is clearly a hook for G1 nostalgics. But why not extend that to the movie? Yes he's beaten up and faded in the movie but that doesn't mean he can't be beaten up and faded red to match the toy?

At first I thought this is a case of the tail wagging the dog but it's slowly looking like the tail and dog are separate.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    I get mixed up about this toy. The red is clearly a hook for G1 nostalgics. But why not extend that to the movie? Yes he's beaten up and faded in the movie but that doesn't mean he can't be beaten up and faded red to match the toy?

At first I thought this is a case of the tail wagging the dog but it's slowly looking like the tail and dog are separate.
    Interestingly the box art shows a "Movie coloured" Prime despite the toy not matching. Same goes for all the Dinobots that are much more colourful as toys than they will be in the film.