View Poll Results: Would you buy Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo on DVD? (multiple choice)

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Only Beast Wars II

0 0%
  • Only Beast Wars Neo

0 0%
  • Both Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo

4 57.14%
  • Only if dubbed

3 42.86%
  • Only if subbed

3 42.86%
  • Only if released on Bluray

1 14.29%
  • Only if the DVDs had special features

1 14.29%
  • Only if the DVD boxes has exclusive artwork

0 0%
  • Only if they came in a boxed set (whole series)

2 28.57%
  • Only if they came in a boxed set (both series in whole)

3 42.86%
  • Only if (other)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Japanese Beast Wars cartoons - would you buy?

Default Japanese Beast Wars cartoons - would you buy?

So I've been thinking about Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo and wanted to see what interest from others would be.

Over a decade ago now Madman released three volumes of the original Japanese G1 cartoons (Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory (with Zone)). These are still in print, not too long ago released in a new box set.

I would like to own Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo on DVD but currently there's only a Japanese release (about seven years ago).

I'll put a poll with this question, but basically would you like to buy this too if Madman, or another distributor, released it in Australia?

Unlike Beast Wars, both shows are traditional anime rather than new CGI, which does mean they can have bigger casts but also some of the more "silly" elements that an anime might include.

Many of the characters will be familar to Western audiences. Beast Wars II for the most part features characters based on toys that were released in Beast Wars (and G2) but not in the show. Beast Wars II also had a tie-in movie that would have to be included.

Beast Wars Neo features a lot more original toys in it's good-guy cast and some more familiar remolds in it's bad-guy cast and several toys that came over to Western audiences as the Beast Machines Dinobots.

I'm not aware that either show has been dubbed into English anywhere, and its unlikely that a dub would be created at this stage.

(I'd also love it if they could also release Car Robots with these as a third set but first lets see if there's any interest in the Beast Wars / Japanese exclusive stuff!)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    So I've been thinking about Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo and wanted to see what interest from others would be.

Over a decade ago now Madman released three volumes of the original Japanese G1 cartoons (Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory (with Zone)). These are still in print, not too long ago released in a new box set.

I would like to own Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo on DVD but currently there's only a Japanese release (about seven years ago).

I'll put a poll with this question, but basically would you like to buy this too if Madman, or another distributor, released it in Australia?

Unlike Beast Wars, both shows are traditional anime rather than new CGI, which does mean they can have bigger casts but also some of the more "silly" elements that an anime might include.

Many of the characters will be familar to Western audiences. Beast Wars II for the most part features characters based on toys that were released in Beast Wars (and G2) but not in the show. Beast Wars II also had a tie-in movie that would have to be included.

Beast Wars Neo features a lot more original toys in it's good-guy cast and some more familiar remolds in it's bad-guy cast and several toys that came over to Western audiences as the Beast Machines Dinobots.

I'm not aware that either show has been dubbed into English anywhere, and its unlikely that a dub would be created at this stage.

(I'd also love it if they could also release Car Robots with these as a third set but first lets see if there's any interest in the Beast Wars / Japanese exclusive stuff!)

I think someone was saying on TCCA FB page that they just watched a sub titled version of BWII. Kurtis Moore might be able to help you out on there.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    I think someone was saying on TCCA FB page that they just watched a sub titled version of BWII. Kurtis Moore might be able to help you out on there.
    I think I have a subtitled version of the series I downloaded years ago on an old exxternal harddrive somewhere.

Must admit though, I found it to be a terrible, terrible cartoon.

I'd want it just to have a copy of the only Transformers cartoon I'm missing (that I haven't seen or owned).

(until recently, the Japanese Beast Era cartoons were the only episodes I was missing in my collection, but now that RID and Rescue Bots are not being released anymore, the loose ends are mounting)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    (until recently, the Japanese Beast Era cartoons were the only episodes I was missing in my collection, but now that RID and Rescue Bots are not being released anymore, the loose ends are mounting)
    Great Griff, thanks for ruining at least 5 minutes of my life.

I was like surely they are all available on iTunes, but apparently nothing after season 2 of RID15 is available there. Given you don't have to produce a physical item and hope someone buys it you would think Hasbro would make sure it's at least on digital platforms as it makes them money with no risk.

It took a while for that latest release to come out (season 2.5) so I wouldn't rule out more RID DVDs just yet.

As for the Beast shows, I'm aware there are "copies" out there, and fan dubs and subs, but I'd like to watch at a better quality than that.

For those who are unaware, my avatar is Beast Wars II character Star Upper as he appears in the tie-in Gameboy game. If we could get some fan interest in BWII maybe we could get a new combiner God Neptune and finally a Star Upper toy!

Only if it includes the original Japanese audio track. If they also want to do a dub that's up to them (it's a feature that I'll never use), but I'd like for them to also include the original audio for those of us who want to watch it in its original format. Dub-only releases are stupid and annoying, and quite frankly, defeats the purpose of the Digital Versatile Disc format. This isn't VHS (even laserdisc gave us the option to switch languages)