Page 150 of 152 FirstFirst ... 130140145146147148149150151152 LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1520

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Errrr... no. Sure, he has 5, but Montana has 4 all without cheating GOAT!
    It wasnt cheating... they just misinterpreted the rules

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    It's a team sport. Would Brady or Montana win with The Browns.

I'll put the 99 Rams against any team ever.

Greatest Show on Turf
    85 Bears!
    Rams wouldn't have scored a point against that wall
    Dapto Dog for 2017

Megatran Guest

I did not know til today the Gold Coast Titans is administered (& for some time now) by the NRL authority. Is that not a conflict of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I did not know til today the Gold Coast Titans is administered (& for some time now) by the NRL authority. Is that not a conflict of interest?
    So is Newcastle. Both teams poorly administered.

That's why the NRL was so happy to get Hayne to the Gold Coast, makes them more appealing to a potential buyer. If the Bears buy them out and change them to the Gold Coast Bears, the club will be dead in the water, all the Titans fans will be upset and all the (short) history will be gone.
    I agree with Ben Ikin, if the Bears want to get back into the running of a club, join forces with an expansion club like Perth or Brisbane/Ipswich.

NRL is still hoping Newcastle Wests Club buys out the Knights but Wests want to pay bottom dollar (if they are even interested) so it is going nowhere fast.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Megatran Guest

AFL season proper starts tomorrow! So pumped!

One of the dumbest halves of footy I have ever watched a team play... way to blow a 16 to 6 lead at HT NSW...

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    One of the dumbest halves of footy I have ever watched a team play... way to blow a 16 to 6 lead at HT NSW...
    NSW, the Richmond of SOO
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Indeed.
    It was right there for the taking, but in true NSW style they just switched off & started licking windows. Watch the Maroons take Game 3

Defeat from the jaws of victory once again.
    When the forwards for NSW were so good for the first half, they looked so dangerous, then they went to defensive mode... that never works, no matter the sport.

Queensland to send Thurston, Slater and Cronk (and possibly Smith will retire from rep footy this year) out winners and then NSW will always have that stigma that they had to wait for the QLD legends to retire to win series.

-EDIT-
    Just also wanted to say how good (in a good way) it was to see Boyd Cordner's reaction to the loss, you could see how much it meant to him (and also that his calf muscle was probably killing him!) If the last NSW had cared and that much passion, it may have won NSW more than 1 series in the last decade.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Megatran Guest

Character statements from Malcolm Turnbull & Waheed Ali for Bachar Houli on a striking charge. Really?