Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 314146474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE/WWF/TNA/Wrestling discussion thread - (may contain spoilers!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    All the Hogan press has made me relapse. I haven't watched since the end of the Attitude era (aka the best era) Can anyone give me the cliff notes so I can catch up on the man drama?

-So far I've figured out that Undertaker (yay, my fav) was jobbed to Brock Lesner (boo) and aint happy.
    -Cena looks like the new Rock albeit very family friendly, seems like a bro though.
    -Some Goldust-esc dude wants to fight the green arrow from TV?
    -HHH is the new Vince?
    -Chick wrestlers are way hotter.
    - Taker chose to job to lesser
    - Mr PG Cena should never be compared to the rock or Austin whilst he is the current "man" he appeals to a different generation
    -some golddustesque doodle is stardust the younger brother of golddust Cody Rhodes (yes that Rhodes)
    -HHH is the new Vince and brings some fresh ideas to the table like the WWE Performance centre and NXT
    - Chick wrestlers may be hotter but they suck in the ring

Other then that besides some awesome matches over the years the return of sting you pretty much got it covered!!

and Piper you will be missed!!!
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Went with my brother to watch Rock and Roll Wrestling at Nowra on Saturday night.

https://www.rockandrollwrestling.com/

I was skeptical. But for $15 a ticket the production values (they have a Titantron style screen with entry videos) and the quality of the work was amazing. Even snapped a photo with Concrete Davidson who is a 1920s strong guy. There are some great characters too.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

WWE meets Scooby Doo.
    Life. Complete.

You obviously haven't seen the first WWE and Scooby, and the older WWE and the Flintstones and the recent WWE and the Jetsons.

Not to mention Surfs Up 2.

Just a heads up. WWE left a database of 3 million customers information including names, address, age, education, ethnic background, earnings and children's age and gender on a publicly accessible Amazon S3 server, so look out for potential spear phishing attacks or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Just a heads up. WWE left a database of 3 million customers information including names, address, age, education, ethnic background, earnings and children's age and gender on a publicly accessible Amazon S3 server, so look out for potential spear phishing attacks or worse.
    Bold new story-line there.

Been watching season 1 of Lucha Underground, I love it!

I heard it was on Netflix in the States.

I have been thinking of giving it a try. What are you liking about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Been watching season 1 of Lucha Underground, I love it!
    Where have you been watching it, I'm interested in seeing what it's like?

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    I heard it was on Netflix in the States.

I have been thinking of giving it a try. What are you liking about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Where have you been watching it, I'm interested in seeing what it's like?
    Not legally, there are no avenues for us to see it otherwise. Feel free to PM me for more info.

What I like about it is the quality of the matches themselves and no hang ups with mixed matches (men v women etc).Story-lines & characters are simple but enjoyable and executed well. Hitting the usual tropes of bad guy promoter, shady trainers, up and coming new guy etc. Nothing revolutionary but back to basics, quality over quantity.

Episodes are only 45mins long (3 matches) this is a strength imo, I struggle through the average ep of RAW. It also lacks of budget of WWE, so no flashy entrances or cool theme music.

I'm only up to ep4 so I can't vouch for long term quality. I really hope netflix adds it here.

As far as the quality of Lucha Underground goes, that is down to they film it as a TV show not a sport. They do take after take until they get it right, something the WWE can't do being live and even the pre-recorded indies don't do.