Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TFPrime Swerve toy announced.

Default TFPrime Swerve toy announced.

TFPRiDE Voyager Swoop to be released in JP Prime line. Link c/o Seibertron.com, but the news is up all over the place.
    Last edited by Sky Shadow; 12th April 2012 at 10:08 PM.

any images yet?
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    any images yet?
    No pictures yet, but picture in your mind a red version of FE Starscream.

(It could be a new mold but I'd take the bet it's a repaint)

Suggestions elsewhere are speculating that 'Swoop' could also be a figure listing for the possible FoC-Generations Dinobot figure, simply being shoe-horned in with the Japanese Arms-Micron line for that region's release.
    I find this to be a rather interesting proposal, both for the possibility of such a figure but also as to the release strategy of said figures in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Suggestions elsewhere are speculating that 'Swoop' could also be a figure listing for the possible FoC-Generations Dinobot figure, simply being shoe-horned in with the Japanese Arms-Micron line for that region's release.
    I find this to be a rather interesting proposal, both for the possibility of such a figure but also as to the release strategy of said figures in Japan.
    It's a Voyager, so it can't be Generations, Hursti. I'm with Paulbot - Voyager Starscream in Swoop colours seems the most likely option.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    It's a Voyager, so it can't be Generations, Hursti. I'm with Paulbot - Voyager Starscream in Swoop colours seems the most likely option.
    Well, there hasn't been anything to suggest that they're sticking with that approach for Generations, Officially, whilst equally nothing has been said to the contrary either.
    (As this was simply a marketing by product of running too many concurrent lines at the time, figures that were clearly aimed for Generations ended up being lumped into the movie lines)

Being that Dinobots are a rather 'Special' set of characters/figures; it's entirely plausible that they could be designing said figures with a combined FoC/Prime aesthetic which would allow them to break with the (Present/Past) 'Deluxe Only' approach to the Generations line and market the figures to both demographics (Prime/Generations).

To go to such lengths in bringing the Dinobots back from extinction, it's a concept I highly doubt HasTak would simply relegate to repaints; that being said I'll happily eat crow should this indeed come to pass.

To go to such lengths in bringing the Dinobots back from extinction, it's a concept I highly doubt HasTak would simply relegate to repaints; that being said I'll happily eat crow should this indeed come to pass.
    At the moment, this is just a Japanese Prime Arms Micron toy named Swoop. That doesn't mean they've gone to any lengths to make it a Dinobot any more than Prime Arms Micron Soundwave was a cassette player. There is a toy coming up called Deadend who looks like this:

A name is just a name.

A name is just a name.
    I agree, but for the same reasons I think it's to early to discount possibilities.

At the moment, this is just a Japanese Prime Arms Micron toy named Swoop. That doesn't mean they've gone to any lengths to make it a Dinobot any more than Prime Arms Micron Soundwave was a cassette player. There is a toy coming up called Deadend who looks like this:

A name is just a name.

I agree, but for the same reasons I think it's to early to discount possibilities.
    i guess we will have to wait and see :P
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast