Thread: AUCTION: MISB Centurions Seabat

bowspearer Guest

Default AUCTION: MISB Centurions Seabat

For Centurions Collectors, this piece is one of 3 holy grails (with the exception of unreleased figures and weapon systems), the other 2 being Traumatiser and Swingshot. Box has moderate shelf wear with some feathering of the edges of the box flap.

I'm selling it off because I recently won a better condition one. There is a high reserve on this, but much like if I was selling off something like a sealed Trizer, it's entirely justified. This is a rare opportunity to own one hell of a bragging piece as a Centurions collector.

Auction details are below. The Auction will run for 7 days. Shipping will be determined at the end of the auction. Pickup is possible depending on your location.

Item - MISB Seabat
    Starting Bid Price - $0.99
    Hidden Reserve - yes
    Minimum bid increments - $1.00
    Duration - 7 days (13/08/2011 14.53 AEDST)
    Postage - to be determined by winners location, but only the cost of sending it for its insured value will be charged. Pickup optional.
    Payment methods - Direct deposit
    Payment period - Flexible
    Exclusions - the only exclusions I would have is anyone who has been banned from trading on here in the past, although depending on where things stand with it, I'm open to dealing with them.

DISCLAIMER: This is pretty much common sense, but it's probably worth stating. As this item is factory sealed and I have no way of determining the condition of the item without opening it; I make no guarantees of the condition of the item itself. While I have absolutely no reason to think the item is damaged as there is no damage to the box beyond shelf wear; there's always the remote possibility with a sealed item that the actual item itself MAY be damaged. As such, this item is sold as is.

Like I said, as far as I'm, aware, what's inside of it is a pristine Seabat, but I'm just covering all bases, because if I don't; Murphy's Law that it winds up being that 1 in 2000 or so that has some kind of an issue with it.
    Last edited by bowspearer; 11th August 2011 at 04:57 AM.

bowspearer Guest

If I don't get any movement on this in the next 48 hours, I'm pulling the auction and offering it elsewhere.

bowspearer Guest

If I don't get any nibbles on this in the next 6 and a half hours, I'm pulling this auction due to lack of interest. I was offering it here as a favour to people due to its rarity, but if noone is interested then there is no point in keeping it open when a Holy Grail piece like this could be being offered elsewhere.

$1.99

bowspearer Guest

Just to let people know, if the reserve isn't met, I'll give people the option of buying it at or over the reserve price in order of how close they came to the highest bid, starting with the highest bidder. Should all those who bid not experess interest in buying it at around the reserve price, it will go elsewhere, so if you're interested, throw your hat into the ring .

bowspearer Guest

I'm going to do something interesting here and publicly reveal the reserve. It's $300 which is slightly more (about $20) than what it cost me, including shipping.

If people want to snap it for around the reserve, then you have 38 hours left to throw your hat in the ring

having a look around the net and re-learning what Centurions was, I remember loving this series. Never had any of the toys available in my home town when I was a kid though.

for the right person this is going to be a great deal, I think you just need to be patient, maybe wait a bit longer than a couple weeks, or like you have implied, this may not be quite the right forum.

have you considered coming along to the parra fair and seeing if there is any interest from any of the dealers there?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

bowspearer Guest

Let me put it this way. If once I start offering it elsewhere, someone from here wants it and noone else has gotten in first, I'll still accept the offer. But this is that rare that I'm not sure how long it's going to be available when I start offering it elsewhere (as of 3pm tomorrow if noone from here takes out the auction at reserve price or higher.

As far as Parra goes, unfortunately it clashes with my gf's and my 2nd anniversary so I wasn't even going to put the fair on the table as an option for it .

bowspearer Guest

The auction has now ended. The high bidder was d*r*j*, however the reserve has not been met.

I messaged them a few days back asking for an indication as to whether they were ok with paying the reserve, but have yet to receive a response. If I don't receive a response in the next 72 hours, I'm throwing it completely open, not just to people on here, but on all forums that I'm on.