Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Animated Leader Ultra Magnus Review

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

I don't even bother with those front-window weapons (They seem like an after-thought... )

Are you guys talking about the guns that end up mounted on the roof, or the small machine gun style one that forms a 'point' at the front? I don't display that one in vehicle mode cause it looks a little weedy, but in robot mode it's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    ... or the small machine gun style one that forms a 'point' at the front? I don't display that one in vehicle mode cause it looks a little weedy, but in robot mode it's ok.
    Yep, they're the ones (IMO, completely unnecessary ). Even Seibertron didn't take them out for his gallery - no wonder... )

Aesthetics aside, at least their inclusion wasn't at the cost of something else!

I tried playing with this toy last week... umm... yeah... not sure if I'll be rushing to play with it again any time soon. It's seriously got to be the least fun-to-play-with Animated toy I've gotten so far. (T_T)

Really? Care to go into more detail? I thought the multiple weapons and even electronics (for a change!) made him quite fun to mess around with.

It was hard to get him into cool dynamic poses really quickly, which is what I like to do when I'm playing cos all the action is "real time." I wanted to get him to hold his hammer aloft to summon all that elemental power, but I found that when I did that his shoulders looked dropped. I was basically trying to play him out like Thor or a Paladin from Warcraft - just a crazy violent maniac with a big f***-off size hammer that could pwn all. I'm not talking about just posing toys for display, I'm talking about serious getting down on the floor with toys and making them engage in some epic battle kind of toy play man. I'm usually coordinating multiple events happening in the battle with other events running along a plot that I'm building (sometimes sub-plots) and I found that Ultra Magnus sometimes broke up the pace of that play cos I would have to spend a bit more time fiddling with him before moving onto the next toy.

Certainly the shoulders, coupled with the fully extended hammer make for some troublesome arm posing. He has so many joints on his shoulders, they do tend to lower or bend backwards a bit more than they should. I'd love to get out on the floor and seriously play like the old days but, unfortunately my wife doesn't see the charm

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Aesthetics aside, at least their inclusion wasn't at the cost of something else!
    I totally agree .

It seemed as though they'd finished the design-stage & then said to themselves "Hmmmm, Can we squeeze any more guns in somewhere?"

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat
    I'd love to get out on the floor and seriously play like the old days but, unfortunately my wife doesn't see the charm
    Heh. I have all my Transformers in their own room, which is my playroom. My wife hears me making battle noises and talking to myself in character voices etc. Freaked her out at first but she's getting used to it now.