Page 20 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253040 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Batman the dark knight returns part 1 and 2, freaking brilliant.
    Absolutely! Initially, I believe, they were going to do a Sin City style live action version, but I'm glad they went for animation. Probably as good as it was going to get on screen, although I did think that some of the scenes were a little rushed and sometimes it got a bit irritating as the thought bubbles from the graphic novel were converted into spoken lines in the movie. But these are minor quibbles! Seeing the looks on the Mutant gang members faces as Bats takes care of their leader, the clear reference to Reagan as President and the fantastic battle between Batman and Superman that could only end in one way - a thoroughly satisfying pair of movies! Not as dark as Frank Miller's masterpiece so if you haven't read the graphic novel I'd watch the movie first then read it if you want to get more of the nuances, but if you're a Bat-fan, these are a definite watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    Absolutely! Initially, I believe, they were going to do a Sin City style live action version, but I'm glad they went for animation. Probably as good as it was going to get on screen, although I did think that some of the scenes were a little rushed and sometimes it got a bit irritating as the thought bubbles from the graphic novel were converted into spoken lines in the movie. But these are minor quibbles! Seeing the looks on the Mutant gang members faces as Bats takes care of their leader, the clear reference to Reagan as President and the fantastic battle between Batman and Superman that could only end in one way - a thoroughly satisfying pair of movies! Not as dark as Frank Miller's masterpiece so if you haven't read the graphic novel I'd watch the movie first then read it if you want to get more of the nuances, but if you're a Bat-fan, these are a definite watch!
    I just love the scene 'Tunnel of Love', it was fitting for the Joker and Batman.

Yeah you're right! Miller's take on the Batman and his relationship with Robin (Jason and Carrie), Gotham, bad guys, Superman just nailed it exactly. I loved the line in the end from Bats to Sups - "Really? Who do they send after you?"

I was rewatching some Studio Ghibli films like Warriors of the Wind, Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro and Spirited Away, and even watching them for the nth time, I am still blown away by how awesome these films are. They seem so magical and the fantasy elements are so well done. It's sad to see that their recent films lacked some of that magical fantasy touch that made their older films so great.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Tried watching Kill Bill for the first time since seeing it in the cinemas. I really want to like this movie but can't get into it. I love Tarantino films so what's the problem
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Tried watching Kill Bill for the first time since seeing it in the cinemas. I really want to like this movie but can't get into it. I love Tarantino films so what's the problem
    for me it that you know what going to happen already so it loses alot of the tension and drama , his film are very story driven so you lose the anticipation of who going to died next or what going to happen after .... because you already know

I have a petty grudge cause of Kill Bill, whenever I cosplay in my Bruce Lee game of death outfit, the youngsters who don't know better say "Cool Kill Bill outfit", oh how disappointed I am at the younger generation...

A friend just pointed me to watch tron uprinsing OMG it really good.!!! this is what the movie should of been ! i totally recommend everyone to watch this... the best animated series i seen in a while....

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    I have a petty grudge cause of Kill Bill, whenever I cosplay in my Bruce Lee game of death outfit, the youngsters who don't know better say "Cool Kill Bill outfit", oh how disappointed I am at the younger generation...
    i loved the story where they have a statue of him in Bosnia because after the war they need a symbols too bring them togethger again and they quoted as saying "One thing we all have in common is Bruce Lee." !!!

Just watched Jack the Giant Slayer And i got to say it was quiet entertaining ...but looking back at it and the acting was abit wooded and the story too predictable but what do you expect for a fairytale remake.. The CG is average and the film mainly aim for kids...so i give it a 6.5/10 you rather rent this one then watch it in the cinemas