Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers DVD/BR release details for Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Gehirn View Post
    I hope it's bluray but considering Madman seem to be scaling back on some bluray releases it wouldn't be too likely...
    That's true and they have said that the 1st Season didn't sell well enough to justify releasing the 2nd & 3rd seasons on that format, but that was before the series had gotten TV airings on either Free or Pay TV so maybe, just maybe, we might be lucky!

The Transformers Prime season 2 & 3 sets will be DVD only, and released on 10th June 2015:
    Transformers: Prime Season 2 Collection
    Transformers: Prime Season 3 Boxset

Also there was a recent Facebook response (11th March 2015) about a Blu-Ray release of Transformers Prime Season 2 & 3 too:
    Madman Hi Caley-Che, sorry for the delay in replying. To be honest, we couldn't proceed with another BR Season of TF Prime based on a slow uptake of the first season. All the extra costs involved for a BR can add up to the point where we just can't proceed. Sorry for the disappointing news.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirben View Post
    The Transformers Prime season 2 & 3 sets will be DVD only, and released on 10th June 2015:
    Transformers: Prime Season 2 Collection
    Transformers: Prime Season 3 Boxset

Also there was a recent Facebook response (11th March 2015) about a Blu-Ray release of Transformers Prime Season 2 & 3 too:
    Cheers for the clarification man, also for the confirmation of what we'd hoped might've changed - Oh well, at least full Boxsets are being released at all.

You could import the blurays for quite cheap from Amazon, if you have a multiregion player.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehirn View Post
    You could import the blurays for quite cheap from Amazon, if you have a multiregion player.
    I do and the thought has definitely crossed my mind - To the point they're sitting in my Wishlist!

I noticed when I ripped my Madman TFP S1 Blu-rays and the Shout Factory TFP S2, S3 and BHPR Blu-rays that Shout Factory's versions are lower bit rate. You can easily see compression artifacts in the SF Blu-rays. Madman's decision not to produce S2, S3 and BHPR on Blu-ray means the whole Transformers community has to put up with less than perfect video for a series thats CGI and therefore easy to get the best video quality possible out of.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

After a sighting by Kyalrode of the Season One boxset of Rescue Bots at JBHifi store in Victoria, I had a look on the Beyond Entertainment site but it hasn't been put back up yet... but is listed on the JBHifi site, for $20... which is a GREAT price when you see that the individual volumes were $13 each on release (later dropped to $10), with a RRP of $15-20.

Unfortunately, it looks like this isn't a complete Season One boxset... as it has only four volumes, and only 440 minutes (20 episodes).
    I guess this is why the original listing was pulled - Beyond Entertainment must have stripped out a volume to get it under a price-point that retailers preferred.
    It is still a good way of saving a lot of money on those first four volumes of season one, but to complete the set, you'll need Volume five with this boxset.
    And it makes you wonder what will happen in future if they do future boxsets. Will the next one have Volume 5 of Season One with it and three of Season Two (which will only have four volumes).

So close and yet so far... because I won't be able to help sell it to non-Australians if it isn't an actual Season set.

Beyond Home Entertainment frequently release various box sets, bundling previous DVD releases, so I expect they will just bundle a few DVD volumes each time, at the price point requested by retailers.

Hopefully the box set will help improve sales more, so we can look forward to seeing the rest of the series.

These companies that insist on breaking up seasons piecemeal for the sake of extra sales or meeting arbitrary price points go a long way to not getting any of my money. do they not see that? <that was rhetorical, sort of>
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I just found on the iTunes Store the first batch of RID2015 episodes are available to buy in HD. Episodes 1 - 7 are included, unfortunately it's rather pricey at $19.99.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/tv-seaso...se/id988271696
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.