Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rescue Bots Season 2 now playing on channel 11

Default Rescue Bots Season 2 now playing on channel 11

I only stumbled on this today by accident by flicking on the TV to watch something I taped last night.

9am weekdays (looks to be all five days of the week) on Channel 11.

The episode today was Blame the Gremlins, which is episode 8 of Season 2, so if you are like me and missed the first eight episodes, at least there is the first volume of the Season 2 DVD in stores to cover the first seven episodes, and the Tenplay website has the last week of episodes, so as of today you can watch episodes 4-8.

Tomorrow has "Feed the Beast", while Friday and Monday have the two-part story that sees the return of Optimus, who has the trailer that was in stores in the last year.
    Then Tuesday has "Space Bots".

Time to set the recorder again for some new Transformers animated goodliness.

I just found out this morning that the TFPrime cartoon is also playing... which I should have noticed yesterday when posting about the Rescue Bots.
    It's on at 7.30am on Channel 11, and is currently playing season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I just found out this morning that the TFPrime cartoon is also playing... which I should have noticed yesterday when posting about the Rescue Bots.
    It's on at 7.30am on Channel 11, and is currently playing season 2.
    Found this out on Monday when I was at home with my Daughter who was sick, she loves watching Rescue Bots

The episode that was on today (Island of Misfit Tech) gave me a laugh, as the Plot Device was promoting an actual Device from the Rescue Bots toyline... the Beambox "game console". It was actually called a Beambox in the cartoon, but was a transportation device to the Island... much like the game console transports the figurines into the game.

With the Optimus Trailer toy showing up for a brief appearance a couple episodes ago, these short-lived appearances of toy products feels like the product placements in the Transformers Movies.

And yesterday's episode showed us where Griffin Rock is located - off the north-east coast of America... about where the state of Rhode Island would be (the home of Hasbro).

The episodes are a lot of fun to watch (especially their first viewing like this new season for us), and I highly recommend giving it a chance if you set your recorder for it. They don't feel kidsy at all with the stories and characters (even with there being a small cast of characters)... they are only kidsy with the way it is drawn and the colours & brightness. The only the drawback is the lack of Decepticons, but it is acceptable for the target age-group.

The next few episodes should be...
    Thursday - The Vigilant Town (the town's super computer was drawn to homage the robot from Lost in Space, and voice by the actor who played the kid on that show)
    Friday - Buddy System
    Monday - In search of the Griffin's Nest
    Tuesday - Bots & Robbers (a cameo appearance of the Trex toy/figurine)
    Wednesday - Rescue Dog
    Thursday - Changes (Heatwave gets his new boat mode)

Then it will be interesting to see if we get the two episodes that were held back until Season 3 in America, as the first of those would be next Friday if we get the proper full run.

Toasted TV will be showing all 26 episodes of season 2, with the final episode shown on Monday 8th June 2015.

Today's episode was interesting, with Heatwave gaining a third mode (boat), which was fun to watch.
    It also had the return of Doctor Morocco, with his shark-sub (which is a toy later this year), leading into future story arc.

It was sad to have a new voice actor for him, after Tim Curry's injury forced him to retire from acting.

I was just checking ahead on the TV guide to see if we are getting the episodes that were skipped in America, and it looks like we didn't skip them.... we appear to have them replaced with Season 3 episodes.
    Tomorrow should have had episode 20 of Season 2, and Tuesday should have had episode 22 (which were both skipped in America until the of middle of Season 3 was airing), but instead, the TV guide has the first two episodes of Season 3 listed in their place, which would be a year ahead of schedule. So if tomorrow has the Season 3 episode, I wonder if this means we could be seeing Season 3 here straight after, or just these two and the skipped Season 2 episodes won't be seen here until Season 3 comes here.

Friday - Land before Prime (s3 e1) - Optimus guest stars and takes on the dinosaur mode that we got as a toy late last year.
    Monday - Movers and shakers (s2 e21) - The Bots take on a rogue planting machine.
    Tuesday - Big Game (s3 e2) - second part of the dinosaur themed episode, which has more of the Rescue Bots getting dino modes.
    Wednesday - Odd Bot Out (s2 e23) - Bumblebee and Optimus guest star, and appears to relate to the Relic hunt season arc in Season 2 of TFPrime.
    Thursday - Griffin Rock Express (s2 e24) - A mysterious superhero appears, and leads into the finale 2-part story.

That should give us Friday and the following Monday the final two episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Found this out on Monday when I was at home with my Daughter who was sick, she loves watching Rescue Bots
    So does mine.

This show has better story telling and characterisation than the live action films. No kidding.

Friday's episode was indeed from Season 3... which is amazing that they slotted in a future episode from a season that probably won't screen here until next year, instead of slotting in a repeat old episode.
    What is odd is that those two episodes from Season 2 were ready 5 months ago, but still missed out on our screening of Season 2.... so maybe they shouldn't be considered as part of Season 2 if no country played them as part of the second season run.

Is the production order of the episodes for Transformers: Rescue Bots listed online anywhere? as that would be the best way to check for sure.

This might be just another case of episodes been shown out of order in the USA, which has happened with many cartoon series.