Thread: TFPrime Voyager Magnus & Thundertron reviews

Default TFPrime Voyager Magnus & Thundertron reviews

As the next wave of TFPrime Voyagers start appearing around the world (wave 4, while we have trouble finding wave 2 here), galleries and reviews have started showing up of the two new moulds of this wave - Ultra Magnus and Thundertron.

Photos - here and here.
    Videos - here and here.

Coolgardie WA, but Townsville (the last 15 years)

looks like the face of alpha-trion (howeva you spell it) stuck to a Victory leo with tigertrons chest plate...

I've got wave 4 ordered through BBTS but I'm really not feeling Thundertron. It's just an unusual figure and in not sure it fits in with TF Prime, but we will see once its in my hands. Ultra Magnus looks pretty good though. I like how they haven't just repainted Optimus :-) I do wish he came with more than one missile was a bit taller and more bulky AND he needs a trailer too. HOPEFULLY some nice 3rd party will come along and make an upgrade trailer kit.

Edit: the only beast modes I like are Divebomb, Rampage, Tantrum, Headstrong and Razorclaw. And just so we are clear, there are only 5 Predacons :-D
    Last edited by theheretic; 25th September 2012 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    Ultra Magnus looks pretty good though. I like how they haven't just repainted Optimus :-) I do wish he came with more than one missile was a bit taller and more bulky AND he needs a trailer too. HOPEFULLY some nice 3rd party will come along and make an upgrade trailer kit.
    I agree that a unique Magnus mould is great Looks like a good going trend following on Animated

I find this Magnus design a bit weak though, because he's essentially just lying face down right? He's got a lot of blue and he's missing his big Magnus tower-shoulders. My strongest gripe would be against the big red backpack, which is reminiscent of Huffer's transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    Edit: the only beast modes I like are Divebomb, Rampage, Tantrum, Headstrong and Razorclaw. And just so we are clear, there are only 5 Predacons :-D
    What about the Seasons or Terrorcons?

Terrorcons I'll accept, they are pretty cool beast modes. Seacons.... I guess, couldn't really get into the Japanese g1. But none are Predacons.

Seacons were part of our G1 too. Hasbro 1988. They were in comics but only animated for Japan. But same can be said for Pretenders and lots of others.

Another gallery for Ultra Magnus, with lots of comparison pics.