Page 474 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 454464469470471472473474475476477478479484494 ... LastLast
Results 4,731 to 4,740 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Does anyone know who Hasbro's liaison is with the dudes at IDW?
    Currently?

IIRC there's more than one.

Easy way to find out for yourself is to check the credits in the comics. They usually list them as a thank you (Last time I checked).

IDW has an editor in charge of Hasbro properties - currently John Barber. It was previously Andy Schmidt who has sinced moved across to Hasbro itself, and probably has somthing to do with Hasbro IDW relations.

A comic writer went to work for Hasbro?!

What could those sneaky people at Hasbro be up to? Perhaps thinking of going into the comic business themselves, rather than going through a 3rd party?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Dumb question regarding WFC for the PS3:

How does the control method work in regards to aiming? Is it free movement like if you were using a mouse (only with the thumb stick) or do you auto aim by trigger as you would in Gears of War?
    fairly certain its free moving, though I haven't played the game for a very long time so if im wrong so be it :P
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

What could those sneaky people at Hasbro be up to? Perhaps thinking of going into the comic business themselves, rather than going through a 3rd party?
    No, nothing like that at all.

He's simply working for them now. No such plans.

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    fairly certain its free moving, though I haven't played the game for a very long time so if im wrong so be it :P
    Can anyone confirm this?

If so, this doesn't bode well for me as I tried using a PS3 controller on the PC game and it's aiming was horrible, zapped the enjoyment out of the game.

Bumblebee and his 'bee' friends.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Can anyone confirm this?

If so, this doesn't bode well for me as I tried using a PS3 controller on the PC game and it's aiming was horrible, zapped the enjoyment out of the game.
    Well they're not doing FOC for PC anyway.

I have it on 360 and DS. Love the 360 version. I've had no problems aiming. Haven't played it on PC though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Well they're not doing FOC for PC anyway.

I have it on 360 and DS. Love the 360 version. I've had no problems aiming. Haven't played it on PC though.
    I know and that's actually the reason for my question since I would have to play FOC with a PS3 controller and hence why I was trying it out with the WFC PC game. The PS3 controller was responsive but horrible at aiming efficiently and lacking the precision of the mouse. Once you go PC you can never go back

The PC controls with the mouse feel natural, good and precise, I don't have a problem with that, I actually believe it to be the superior control method for a shooter. Since attempting to play the PC game with a PS3 controller was so horrible, I feared that due to that, I will not be able to enjoy FOC as much since I would be forced to use the PS3 controller due to lack of PC support.

On a separate note, I also tried playing Arkham city with the PS3 controller and it was also horrible after playing with the mouse - It lacks free aiming precision with the camera and rather clunky. Controllers are good for games such as God of War and whatnot, not shooters with free aiming controls.
    Last edited by kup; 3rd April 2012 at 11:22 PM.

Yeah, I do know what you mean by the lack of precision.

Targetting using the 360 controller was fine, it just took me awhile to get used to, and just to deal with the fact that I can't be as precise as I'd like.

It depends on the quality of the game as to whether or not that's a dealbreaker for me, and WFC certainly won me over.