Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Indiana Jones 4 thoughts [SPOILERS]

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    CateBlanchettcan'tactsoyoumuststopher!stopherstoph ernowthissubliminalmessagewillselfdestruct.com
    That's one hell of a long website address

I liked it.
    People need to remember it's not 100% real, there is a fair bit of "Tounge in cheek" humour involved in all of the Indiana Jones films.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    I liked it.
    People need to remember it's not 100% real, there is a fair bit of "Tounge in cheek" humour involved in all of the Indiana Jones films.
    We know but I think that this time it has not only gone overboard but lost its charm in generics and CGI.

Not...real???? What are you saying?

I agree with Kup, it had some amounts of generic, appeal to the lowest man content

Please note my post is full of spoilers.

Saw this last night. I just don't know what to think. I mean I liked it and I have a soft spot for both Harrison Ford (Star Wars :P and Blade Runner especially) and Shia LaBeouf (Disturbia was great in my opinion... and of course Transformers :P). The action was well paced in my opinion, but the stuff like surviving nuclear explosions in lead lined fridges and strange interdimensional beings just killed it a little bit. Along with the very camp wedding scene where Shia nearly steals the hat.

Loved the cameo by Neil Flynn as a huge Scrubs fan, along with the motif about Sean Connery's character dying made me give this film a solid 8/10, probably scoring points just because it's Indy. I recommend it for the fun factor, not the genius movie factor.

As a Popcorn flick that you watch and never think about the giant plot holes and terrible cgi/live action blending, it was (like all the Indy films) as good as you can hope for.

However the plot holes, bad script and eye wrenching terrible cgi blending (looking at you monkeys) do detract from this film, it'll never be remembered as fondly as the original 3.

I really liked the film, even with all the negatives, well that is I liked it all barring the chapel scenes at the end, they were terrible.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

The fact that they had an alien kinda wrecked it, but I really did enjoy the film other than that fact.
    I mean they've always had supernatural themes in all the indys, like pandoras box, holy grail etc..

Just got home from it. Looks like most of you have said all that needs be said. All I'll add is "poop".