Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic a Review: Sins of the Wreckers

I never thought that, but that is a pretty cool idea.

Seen the preview for #3? Mesoluthas character reveal (though the clues made it obvious) and he is intense!
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

I have a feeling that Nick Roche hasn't kept up with MTME because I suspect he's going to do a twist on a character that may not work chronologically...

Kudos to everyone who correctly guessed Mesothulas' identity. I'm wondering where to put the stress in that name though... Meh-SOTH-oolas, Meh-so-THOO-las... I'm going with the former. Is it even "meh-so" or "mee-so"? Mesoconfused.

I also just noticed that Tidal Wave actually is Armada Tidal Wave, but now with a beast mode! I didn't recognise him last issue, but yeah, this issue gave me a better view of his robot mode parts and it's clearly Armada Tidal Wave. I want this toy!!! Stakeout's fate had me saying holy four-letter F-word! Ditto Hubcap's revelation! I really like it when IDW take previously underused original G1 characters and suddenly make 'em really interesting.

Nice move with Mesothulas' original form and calling his naughty thing the Noisemaze. I see what you did there, IDW.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Nice move with Mesothulas' original form and calling his naughty thing the Noisemaze. I see what you did there, Nick Roche
    Fixed!

A few twists I didn't see coming, namely the stakeout scene, having he and Carnivac both ex- Magnus officers was a nice connection.

I also didn't expect Taratulas/ Mesothulas to be the creator of Aequitas, or for the Aequitas slug to be only bait. I'm guessing that Verity will have to do some rescuing as I doubt Hubcap did anything to her.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I wonder what the deal is with Verity's cramps... it's either going to lead to something epic, or Verity just got really unlucky and started having that time of the month while being in the Noisemaze... and being strapped to Impetus. Not a great day for her, either way. And hooray -- IDW finally worked out how to spell "damn" correctly! <fairy.clap> Hopefully this will mean that they're finally going to improve their standards in spelling and grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    A few twists I didn't see coming, namely the stakeout scene, having he and Carnivac both ex- Magnus officers was a nice connection.
    Also a nice homage to G1 Carnivac's morally ambiguous persona from the old Marvel comics. And of course, appearing in a series involving the Wreckers and being part of a group called Mayhem... yep. I want an IDW Carnivac toy now. Really. I'm also curious to learn more about what happened to Ostaros.

Speaking of which, some of these new names are interesting. Ostaros seems to be derived from Ostara, the Pagan celebration of the Spring Equinox from which Easter is derived from (Ostara→Ēostre→Easter). Ēostre is also the goddess of the dawn, and both Ostara/Ēostre and Easter have loads of references to the renewal or resurrection of life. So who was Ostara? Was the the original Ultra Magnus? (who is the "resurrected" via his predecessors who don the Magnus armour)

Mesothulas appears to be a modification of the word "mesothelae," which is a rare and primitive suborder of spiders. Although tarantulas aren't part of the mesothelae sub-order, they're part of the more common opisthothelae. Any Greek speakers here help out with what "mesothelae" means? I know it's not 'spider' (which is ἀράχνη (arachne)).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I wonder what the deal is with Verity's cramps... it's either going to lead to something epic, or Verity just got really unlucky and started having that time of the month while being in the Noisemaze... and being strapped to Impetus. Not a great day for her, either way.
    From the first issue I assumed she's pregnant, because in fiction when a woman randomly throws up and has stomach cramps it's foreshadowing.

But this morning I was reminded of something else: Optimus Prime thinking HiQ was dying in the lead up to #75...

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    From the first issue I assumed she's pregnant, because in fiction when a woman randomly throws up and has stomach cramps it's foreshadowing.

But this morning I was reminded of something else: Optimus Prime thinking HiQ was dying in the lead up to #75...
    She could have used some of the headmaster tech and is connected to Ironfist in some way kind of like Sunstreaker and Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    She could have used some of the headmaster tech and is connected to Ironfist in some way kind of like Sunstreaker and Hunter
    I'm thinking that Tarantulas may have done something to Verity remember he has a, "work in progress."

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    I'm thinking that Tarantulas may have done something to Verity remember he has a, "work in progress."
    I like the your Emory, I thought that hubcap was his work in progress, but that would be to banal and mundane for a Roche story.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)