View Poll Results: JP MP Ironhide - worth buying?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 95.35%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

2 4.65%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide

Nice review and great group shots.

the vehicles look great next to each other like that!
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Got him today. I really don't like how complex Kobayashi is making the moulds again. At least Ironhide doesn't seem fragile like his most infamous moulds MP-3 and MP-9, but still super complex. I really love Transformers I can effortlessly covert and I think Hasui was doing a great job of that on the MP line.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Got him today. I really don't like how complex Kobayashi is making the moulds again. At least Ironhide doesn't seem fragile like his most infamous moulds MP-3 and MP-9, but still super complex. I really love Transformers I can effortlessly covert and I think Hasui was doing a great job of that on the MP line.
    Great you got me worried. This is what I didn't want.

On the contrary, I personally don't think he's complex at all. I can probably transform him quicker than Prowl. Kobayshi has a tendency to over-engineer but I think he did good on Ironhide to keep in line with Hasui's design philosophy.

I would say though I don't like how you need to force the side panels to pass a tab on his legs. Kobayashi seems to like to utilize the flex in the plastic rather than friction alone. Tracks backpack basically relies on plastic flexing to hold together and I don't really like that.

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    Tracks backpack basically relies on plastic flexing to hold together and I don't really like that.
    Yeah you know Tracks'/Road Rage's backpack is going to break in the future when the plastic becomes brittle.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yeah you know Tracks'/Road Rage's backpack is going to break in the future when the plastic becomes brittle.
    Hence why I pointed is a very poor design and I do not understand why people love it. The ratchet joint were in wrong places where the feet would suffer fatigue and stress down the road.

I honestly do not like him to continue designing future MPs as he has made them not very enjoyable at all, but that's only my opinion.

I expected to see similarities in flipping a lot of unnecessary stuff for ironhide mp

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

i got mine today and just finished transforming from van to bot.

this is a return to form for Takara. much better than the flimsy tracks.

feels very solid in both modes, was intuitive to to transform and quite fun to do as well.

looks like they learnt a lot of lessons making this one.
    i espeically enjoy the clips that hold shoulders to the body , something i wish mp22 (and ft09) had.

very very happy with ironhide

Just got mine today from PC and I must say he is a stunning figure. I'm not much of an Ironhide fan myself but I really do like this MP. The vehicle has ample clearance underneath so rolls quite well. Transformation is impressive how they fold up the back window and roof into the chest. I just wish I didn't have to wait so long to get Ratchet I want him now.

Only one complaint is he's the first vehicle to be missing side mirrors. The side skirts don't really bother me that much or the tire buttocks.

Mine arrived today (amazing figure, and the finish is beautiful!) But has been assembled with a left knee joint on the right leg, so I can't bend his leg back.
    I've been pretty lucky with MP QC, so I guess something was bound to get me eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Mine arrived today (amazing figure, and the finish is beautiful!) But has been assembled with a left knee joint on the right leg, so I can't bend his leg back.
    I've been pretty lucky with MP QC, so I guess something was bound to get me eventually...

You should be able to get an exchange as that's a pretty significant flaw.