View Poll Results: JP MP Ironhide - worth buying?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 95.35%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

2 4.65%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide

The wait is killing me, I am waiting for PC to process my order...

Its still is unfilled...

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Mine arrived today (amazing figure, and the finish is beautiful!) But has been assembled with a left knee joint on the right leg, so I can't bend his leg back.
    You got the rare MP Ironyhide.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

More people sleeping on the job, first a reversed mp-11t head joint, and now this.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    You got the rare MP Ironyhide.
    Ironic because trust Ironhide the old codger to have a bung knee

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    More people sleeping on the job, first a reversed mp-11t head joint, and now this.
    I'll admit I have been lucky. This is the first major issue I've had with an MP so far. So I shouldn't complain too much I guess

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Ironic because trust Ironhide the old codger to have a bung knee

I'll admit I have been lucky. This is the first major issue I've had with an MP so far. So I shouldn't complain too much I guess
    I wish we see less of such things as tracks was alright , I did not hear any QC mistakes on that piece.

Got mine today. Great figure. Love his legs and the poesability.

I will say that ti would have been nice if they managed to get his hip panels to fold up into his sides. I dont mind the hip panels as they are, but I feel that with how wide his chest is due to the windscreen, he seems a little empty behind it, which would have been eliminated if those panels folded up somehow. Alas it was not to be.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

Got it, love it

One of my fave transformations of the last few years, everything just slotted in so smoothly
    Dapto Dog for 2017

I will add that my rear windshield wiper popped off, and it looks like it needs to be glued back in, as the holes are a bit too big for the studs
    www.mariokart64.com
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

MAGNIFICENT!

Vehicle Mode
    The toy does a pretty good job in not having seam lines flow throughout the vehicle as it does on Universe/Henkei Ironhide. There are seam lines visible on the mid-side sections, but they do blend reasonably well. Given the nature of this toy, I'm impressed with how they've worked in most of the seam lines into the vehicle. The lack of wing mirrors is unfortunate, but the toy is decked out in all other kinds of exquisite detail, such as wipers, head/tail lights, painted door handles (incl. the rear hatch), chrome bumpers/headlights, and the windows are all transparent blue; none of them are solid painted plastic. The toy-accurate face on the "seat" is a magnificent nod to the G1 toy. I was surprised to see that the mobile deck is actually a completely separate accessory, much like Tracks' flight stand. This means that the MP Ironhide toy has a 100% self contained transformation! i.e. all of the vehicle parts are absorbed into the robot mode! And to be able to pull off a mostly cartoon-accurate looking robot mode from that without using any cheats with detachable parts makes me take my hat off the the team at TakaraTOMY. Well done.

Transformation
    As one might expect, it is challenging. But it's also quite intuitive and importantly fun! As others have mentioned, the robot mode is also much more solid than some other MP cars, and this is achieved through strategic use of pegs and even a pair of snap-lock clips on the shoulders.

Accessories
    It feels like Ironhide comes with accessories to represent almost all of his body gimmicks seen in the cartoon. There are even three different liquid shooters (fingers, wide nozzle and thin nozzle). The mobile deck is essentially Ironhide's personal equipment rack, which is fitting considering that this was the original purpose of this toy in Diaclone. The face is a lot easier to remove than on other MPs. The helmet crest serves as a release switch which ejects the face. Oh, and there's a storage space for the spare face on the mobile deck, so uh... we should be able to recreate G1 comic Ratchet's ultimate fate (re: ReGen One).

Robot mode
    A really great, solid robot. I wish the shoulders would be able to swing up more, but otherwise there are no real flaws with this mould. I know that some people aren't happy with the two panels on either side of the hips but as we all know, the cartoon cheated reality, whereas TakaraTOMY cannot, because they're engineers... not wizards! This infograph shows just how much of the vehicle is seen in the robot mode in the G1 cartoon model.

MP Ironhide manages to be a fairly close facsimile without resorting to any cheating by having any parts removed.

Overall
    This is one of the most impressive Transformers toys that I have come across in a while -- it's hard for me to find any serious fault in this figure. MP Ironhide has well exceeded my expectations.

Highly recommended

PHOTOS

Vehicle mode

Robot mode - toy accurate rifle

Cartoon accurate pistols

Liquid shooting fingers

Liquid shooting nozzles

Scanner

Jets

Missile launcher

Mobile deck

I was going to edit this on MS Paint, but it's already well past my bedtime.

Close up of the toy-accurate seat/face

Toy-accurate fan mode

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    I will add that my rear windshield wiper popped off, and it looks like it needs to be glued back in, as the holes are a bit too big for the studs
    Mine too! Except mine was in the box, I dont really see it as a big deal as it can be easily fixed.

I ended up leaving it off as it looks better in bot mode.