Page 1 of 29 1234561121 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOILER THREAD: SW: The Force Awakens

Default SPOILER THREAD: SW: The Force Awakens

You

Have

Been

Warned!!!!!

RENs real name super bugs me..... Damn EU scrapping! And if you don't know EU names be thankful!

And the last few actions really annoyed me.... Moving weapons around at a time like that... Come on! At least when on dvd I can press stop as soon as the hood is lowered! My step kid likened it to shots from bod and the beautiful!

And damn you Lego! Fix my shuttle!

i just got back. wow!! i thought that was really good and despite a couple of small annoyances i thoroughly enjoyed it, that is when i wasn't welling up lol

Well I thoroughly enjoyed it, even though it was essentially a remake of A New Hope, with a touch of empire and ROTJ thrown in.

New cast was impressive, dig the chemistry between the new characters. Harrison Ford killed it, after so many years I was pretty hesitant about whether he could "be" Han again, but he was awesome in it, completely nailed it. Not sure though how much my kids will dig it, it seemed a little suited to the adult audience (which is great for traditional fans). I think there is little to hate about this one, other than originality in the storyline, I think Abrams and Disney played it safe in that respect and most fans will enjoy it. There are a lot of unanswered questions though which hopefully we will start to learn more about in episode VIII, and just like with Empire, I think episode VIII will be pivotal for whether this trilogy has the legs to stand out on its own. TFA does the job of rebooting the franchise and paying fan service, again I thoroughly enjoyed it, hopefully VIII takes us to new places and knocks it out of the park, cause I already can't wait
    Last edited by Meister; 17th December 2015 at 10:51 AM.
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

What i love about it is the chemistry between them all. Mucking around. Arguments. Acting like real people. Some thing eps 1.2.3 totally lack. Im not going to give Anything away. But it was almost a religious experience for me. I loved this movie and cant wait to see it again with the kids on Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    RENs real name super bugs me..... Damn EU scrapping! And if you don't know EU names be thankful!

And the last few actions really annoyed me.... Moving weapons around at a time like that... Come on! At least when on dvd I can press stop as soon as the hood is lowered! My step kid likened it to shots from bod and the beautiful!

And damn you Lego! Fix my shuttle!
    LOL I was thinking what does the European Union have to do with Star Wars for a second before realising what you meant (sorry never went into expanded universe)

I was actually surprised that they actually continued to the "Island" scene (interesting how A certain someone already had that vision in their head, thumbs up on that one), I thought it would finish up with them departing for that journey, I agree though those scenes seemed unnecessarily prolonged, would have been fine to just cut off with the hood lowering, but then again walking up those stairs seemed unnecessary when you have a space ship lol
    Last edited by Meister; 17th December 2015 at 10:49 AM.
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    LOL I was thinking what does the European Union have to do with Star Wars for a second before realising what you meant (sorry never went into expanded universe)
    Han + Leia = Jania & Jacen (Twins, and Jacen eventually turns Darth), and Anakin
    Luke + Mara Jade (Secret emperors assassin who turns good ) = Ben

Hence my dislike

They should of called it 'Star Wars Millenium Falcon' cos that was all that was in it. I came out with mixed feelings. Wouldn't say I loved it. But didn't hate it either. Watching it again Saturday so will analyze it further. There was only 4 people in the cinema watching it.

Well I am going to say I LOVED IT! Perhaps my expectations were lower given what happened with the Phantom Menace and the huge expectations I had then.

I thought the script was almost entirely original with a generous amount of nods to Ep IV and a few from V and VI. I didn't think that was over the top by any means and it catered to us older fans.

I am highly recommending this to my friends, with a proviso that they need to see it before they find out [SPOILER] - Kylo Ren is Han and Leia's kid, the force user is Rey and not Finn and Han's own kid kills him!

I had an idea in my head of who the characters were and how I expected things to play out.... i was totally off and that made the experience even more enjoyable. If you haven't seen it yet and you are reading this page, stop immediately and go and watch it!

I'm still digesting the film, but I think It's safe to say I enjoyed it, it may not be the best thing ever but it's back to form for Star Wars over the horror of the prequels, I thought the 3 new leads were pretty decent and not just carbon copies of previous characters. I like the way Kylo Ren is a wannabee Sith lord in the shadow of Darth Vader rather than being a new villain who is inexplicably as talented as the previous villain. Han Solo was great he finally fulfilled his destiny without Lucas around to stop him, or worry about toy sales. The effect were awesome and not too much CG nonsense, except maybe for Snoke, who I found more goofy than spooky.

So my only real gripe about the film is that toward the end it tends to lean a bit to heavily on the previous films, rather like Abrams Star Trek into Darkness, I felt the final battle followed A new Hope trope for trope, as a result while the conflict between Rey, Kylo, Han etc was intense, I was not emotionally involved in the X-wing attack at all, but still it's only a small thing.

I will say though one thing we know despite somehow having more advanced tech than the Empire, First Order is just as dumb. As once again they built a gigantic doomsday weapon that can be taken out by an even smaller amount of poorly supplied enemies using the same plan they used the last two times someone did this.