Thread: No MOTUC Reissues From Man-E-Faces Onwards.

Default No MOTUC Reissues From Man-E-Faces Onwards.

Yes, this is a way to sell more subscriptions, but it seems secondary prices and rarity of the MOTUC toys will rise again from this point on. I'm once again glad I have a sub, but this is so everyone else will be able to make an "eductated" choice:

"Posted August 15, 2011 04:37 PM
    Hey He-Fans and She-Ravers,

With so much talk over the DC Sub (and if we have enough subscribers) I wanted to check in with all of you on the MOTUC sub.

First off, as expected we have well passed our min sub order to keep the line going. (MOTU fans are committed!) BUT, I do want to let you know that we are actually at our lowest sub sale yet. Which unless we get a huge bump in sales this week, this means Shadow Weaver will likely be the lowest produced figure in the whole line! Wow.

Also, as stated a few times, we will no longer be doing second runs of figures starting with Man-E-Faces. We still have quite a few older figures already slotted for re-release each month in 2012, but they are all figure originally offered before Man-E-Faces. This also means NONE of the 2012 figures will go into a second run.

Finally, our overall production is going to be a bit lower in 2012. We still intend for product to be available for "Cherry Pickers" the day-of the sale, but 1: we will have overall a bit less, how long this will last is anyone's guess, and 2: Because production is based on part on the sub sales, with lower overall sub sales then expected, this means the day-of product will be even slightly less then we orignally intended with the original planned"slight reduction" (to control inventory).

Part of the reason for the initial reducution in "day of" quota is to maintain the secondary market so that those who buy the sub but don't want all of the monthly figures will have an avenue to sell them off at a reasonable secondary market price. We're not trying to create "Scal-por" but we do want to help out fans who may be turned off by the high price of say, the Star Sisters, and want to know we won't flood the market with this pack giving them the option of selling it off one day if it is not their cup of tea.

SO....What does all this mean?

While in NO WAY is this message intended to be a "you must buy the sub!" post, in all fairness, consider this fair warning that the sub is your best way of guaranteeing all figures without a sell out and the ONLY way to ever get Shadow Weaver. (and hey don't forget about the awesome Preternia map!)

Whether the sub is for you is a personal choice, I just want to make sure fair warning and all the info is out there for you to make an eductated choice for your own collection!

Hope this helps!

Scott"

I'm not too concerned, you just have to look at how long Man-e-faces has been up! He's still there. I'm starting to think i might be able to get a regular night's sleep on the 15th for a change!

There is a lot of BS in that post by Scott (as usual). They are clearly trying to push the subs and have put all forecasts on it's success without taking into account the considerable amount of fans that buy on sale date. If I didn't know better, I would say that they are sabotaging the line either deliberately or through stupidity like it happened with 200X. Measuring the subs as the 'be all end all' of the line is retarded at best.

The low sub numbers are possibly due to a streak of somewhat odd figures which have caused a lot of controversy in the He-Man boards (goofy vintage heads, Fake dials, decreasing QC, odd 'design' choices like Marlena's eyes, etc) have turned a lot of people off the subs.

I have been cherry picking this line since the start but I know for sure that several of the figures recently released have been major turn offs for me along with others coming this year. Some for next year's toys also don't interest me so I sure don't want a sub and want to continue cherry picking.

I would love to have Shadow Weaver but she is not worth a sub and her inclusion as the 'exclusive figure' is clearly to coerce fans into buying one. She would have sold much better if she was normally released.