Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Metrotitan

Little teasers but all welcome nonetheless! - Things are looking to be coming along brilliantly dude, clearly many a lesson was learnt with your efforts on 1AZRAEL1's commission.

Looking great so far. Metrotitan's colour scheme fits this mould better.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Little teasers but all welcome nonetheless! - Things are looking to be coming along brilliantly dude, clearly many a lesson was learnt with your efforts on 1AZRAEL1's commission.
    It's a funny thing - 1AZRAEL1's Metroplex was easily the best thing I've ever done, but at the same time I don't want to quit there - I want to keep developing and improving.

This one is quite a different beast to the first one - I'm not going to all the trouble gap filling this one, but there's now a whole lot of holes and gaps to get paint into, which is not always easy with the airbrush, especially when the paint is a different colour to the original piece. I'm trying some new techniques with the airbrush that are working pretty well so far.

I've also tried out a new product in the last few days - a masking paint instead of tape. It comes off tomorrow evening, I'll post some pics of the results on Wednesday.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

So the big question is, when am I coming to pick it up?

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    So the big question is, when am I coming to pick it up?

Whenever that may be, I'll be very sure that it is ready!!!

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms

An update! Body parts. I'm using gloss paints, but the idea is that it will look reasonably close to a store-bought Metrotitan (if there was such a thing) with slightly better paint apps. Keep in mind these are very unfinished pieces, needing plenty of touch ups before they're done.

Back:
    DSC_0661 by M-bot2011

DSC_0662 by M-bot2011

Front:
    DSC_0664 by M-bot2011

Together:
    DSC_0666 by M-bot2011

DSC_0667 by M-bot2011

Left side, still partially masked and short a few coats of paint:
    DSC_0665 by M-bot2011

I have something planned for the right side of the chest and to that end, I tried out a new product - Humbrol Maskol, a liquid masking agent that is painted on, dries in 15-20mins, and then can be painted over. When it's removed, its a little like soft rubber.

DSC_0652 by M-bot2011

DSC_0653 by M-bot2011

After about 6-8 coats of blue, over 3 days (which is the longest it should be left on, according to the instructions - although I'm unsure what the consequences would be if left on longer).
    DSC_0654 by M-bot2011

After the Maskol is peeled off and the paint cleaned up a bit:
    DSC_0659 by M-bot2011

DSC_0660 by M-bot2011

Some of the edges didn't come off clean and will need to be touched up. I think next time I use the Maskol, I will run a very sharp blade down the edge so the it comes off cleaner. But overall, I think it was pretty successful first effort.

I'm having a blast doing this, just like Metroplex before it. More updates soon I hope!

Wow! - Always love seeing these "In-Progress" shots dude, continuing to look good too so keep it up!

Some of the red bits... Mostly untouched, unfinished and without detailing which will come later.

DSC_0679 by M-bot2011

DSC_0680 by M-bot2011

...and a headless Metrodasher (I actually had no idea what Metrotitan's equivalent to Scamper was, had to look it up). I put him together (mostly) to check for rub points, which as you can see from the photos, there are several. I'll have to touch him up a fair bit.

DSC_0678 by M-bot2011

DSC_0677 by M-bot2011

I've got something sweet planned for his windscreen, hope they work out OK...

And something really cool - I (almost kinda sort of) found myself a GoogleWhack!! OK, technically I didn't because the official definition for a GoogleWhack (found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googlewhack) is 2 words that are found in the dictionary - which these 2 terms are not - and since I've used both those 2 words are used in this post, they are probably no longer a Googlewhack, so I'm including a screenshot as my proof:

Screen Shot 2014-04-28 at 6.43.19 pm by M-bot2011
    Pretty cool, no?

That red, sure is Red! ;-)

Great work, thanks for keeping us updated.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Looking good!