Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The unreleased 1984 Decepticons

"Come to where the flavour is" ?!? (o_O)
    Bahahahahaha!

This is very Cool,
    Finding this sort of unreleased stuff is interesting.

nice work paul made me more interested in exhaust (you dont secretly work for hastek do you paul to create more interest in the toy?)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It wasn't until in 2010 when materials from a Hasbro Briefing Binder were auctioned off by Ron Friedman that details of the toys came to light.
    On a related note, did anyone download all the content from the Friedman auctions back when Megaupload was still active, and still have the material? My copies are lost on an old computer, I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    On a related note, did anyone download all the content from the Friedman auctions back when Megaupload was still active, and still have the material? My copies are lost on an old computer, I suspect.
    Yep I do. Not sure where I'd upload them to though, they are big files.

Yep I do. Not sure where I'd upload them to though, they are big files.
    Hmm... oh well - at least it's good to know at least one Ozformer still has them. I'm sure it will come up at some point that somebody's put them on a cloud or dropbox or equivalent somewhere interwebby.

Yeah I could Dropbox them. Maybe GoogleDocs. It's 200 MB of PDF on inspection - not too much. I saw another local fan ask the guys behind the blog to repost them (very recently) and expected those guys to do it.

I was just thinking that maybe Hauler was meant to be one of the 1984 Decepticon cars. That's why he appeared in episode 1 of the cartoon, albeit accidentally as an Autobot, since road-based Decepticons hadn't yet been introduced as a concept. And he was miscoloured orange rather than green. Maybe Grapple was never even meant to be released, but was just a 1985 retcon to explain this animation error.

(If there's anyone who still doesn't understand this thread... )

While researching I, of course, tried to find some evidence that would link Hauler to the Decepticon Cars (plus that rumored(?) early release of Skids) but I couldn't find a connection that had any proof.

According to a page in the briefing binder, the Decepticon Cars line up would have been a case assortment of 12, with two each of:
    • #5771 Barricade – No.19 New Countach Police Car (black and white police car version of Sideswipe/Red Alert)
    • #5772 Ignition – No.21 Corvette Stingray (red version of Tracks now known as Road Rage)
    • #5773 Exhaust – No.18 Lancia Stratos Turbo remold (previously best known as the Marlboor Wheeljack)
    • #5774 Guzzle – No. 2 Onebox Cherry Vanette (black Ironhide)
    • #5775 Oilchange – No. 7 Fairlady Z (blue Bluestreak)
    • #5776 Breakdown – No. 8 4WD Wrecker Type (blue version of Hoist)

What might have been
    With a couple of spare Decepticon logos, four of these six are in the MP line. Those complaining there's not enough Decepticons - repurpose the extra Autobot ones!

Surely Ironhide will get a Black repaint too. Now I just need Trailbreaker/Hoist to appear in the MP line.