2 8.33%
  • Only if (something else)

1 4.17%
  • No

3 12.50%
  • Not even interested

6 25.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - The Last Knight Barricade (Deluxe)

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Well done Hasbro. Looks like these toys are going to better than we'd hoped.
    That's what I thought, which is what prompted me to impulsively pick up Bumblebee and Berserker which I've since regretted. Although Barricade is a fantastic toy, it may be too early to tell if he's indicative of the quality of the overall TLK line or merely a diamond in the rough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Can someone tell me if this Barricade is the same height as AOE Lockdown deluxe in robot mode?
    Yes, they are the same height. Lockdown is 12.5cm to the top of his head in robot mode, same as TLK Barricade. The "Gunhead" mode adds a cm to Lockdown's height.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yes, they are the same height. Lockdown is 12.5cm to the top of his head in robot mode, same as TLK Barricade. The "Gunhead" mode adds a cm to Lockdown's height.
    Thanks. Lockdown is the only movie thing I have but he is soon to have Barricade as a friend.

Just to add my 2 cents on him, I think a fair bit of creativity went into designing this guy, they took the whole idea of a evil cop bot and pulled it off really well. The knuckle dusters with protect and serve are great because not only does it give him some extra weapons in a way, but it also shows the kindve character he is. The gun and baton look great and the fact they can be holstered and remain holstered through transformation shows to me that they've made things simpler yet functional. The gun punch thing (a bunch of shotguns tied together by the looks of it) is a weird weapon but one I would still love to see being used. Whilst he is a bit of a turtle in robot mode I can forgive them due to the amount of detail on this figure, everywhere I look on it there are lines and grooves which to be fair hasbro has always been good at doing. This toy is full of character and has both a solid robot and vehicle mode, not many people love the movie toys in terms of their style and that's alright, but he may just win one person over into buying him.

Awesome fig, I get the reference to him being a turtle but in hand I found his "shell" looks more like a long jacket which I feel is actually quite in keeping with him being a dirty cop. Surprisingly I enjoy his nightstick most as he can hold it in a multitude of different ways variable to how you have posed him. Personally I like posing him with longest part of the baton placed on the underside of his arm with handle pointing outwards from under his hand, very much how Sarah Connor carries the baton when escaping from the psych ward in T2.

The RRP may be $29 but it is $34.95 at TRU.

We all know what TRU's attitude is like when it comes to pricing...

Legends are the same at TRU and Kmart: $8.
    Deluxes are 0.99c dearer at TRU than they are at Target.(Kmart is still the cheapest at $29)
    Voyagers are 0.99c dearer at TRU than they are at Kmart.
    Hardly exorbitant prices.

I initially made that meme in reference to their pricing for the TakTOM MPs. $35 for TLK Deluxes is pretty darn steep. But yeah, their prices for most other stuff is alright. And sometimes their prices are actually pretty good, like with the original Hasbro MP3 and MP Soundwave & Cassettes.

Fairly happy with this guy. I tend to keep his backpack off all the time though, even when I'm not using it as the riot shield.

I may be imagining things, but I think some of the sculpted detail on this guy and Beserker is much sharper than we've seen from Hasbro figures in a long time. The detailing on his waist is particularly impressive - not sure if it's just the colour choice or if they've started using a new mold process.

I also think it's super-neat that not only do his weapons store on his hips, but his hands are at the right level that he can actually grab them from there. Unlike some Soundwaves that can't even push their own eject button, for example...