Page 1 of 154 1234561121 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Acquisitions

Default Lego Acquisitions

This has been suggested a few times, and I personally like the idea for a few reasons:

1. Lego is clearly a popular side-topic at this board
    2. Otherwise, I find the signal to noise ratio very low in the general non-TF thread

So, I'm going to give it a try.

I have all the original Indiana Jones stuff and had no intention of getting the Crystal Skull stuff because of how abyssmal I felt the movie was, but after I've seen a few grab the Mutt Williams action figure, I thought I'd grab the Mutt Williams minifig, so I got him in the cheapest set I could.

I also did a bit of hunting with STL for older Exo-Force stuff as it's seemingly being phased out and on special in a few local locations. We're both aligned in the opinion that it's good supplies for building Lego TFs in the future (non-Duplo of course ). I happily grabbed my first three sets.

Is Exo-Force coming to a close? Or is it just the last wave is coming to a close?

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    Side note: I love the combo idea. Unfortunately the only place I can find the instructions to build the combos is online. Any other place I can get them/order them?
    Do they charge for the instructions?
    Last edited by jaydisc; 31st July 2008 at 01:45 PM.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Exo Force is FINISHED!!!

As far as I know.

Damn it!! I was going to start this thread with my new acquisitions!!! But not till later tonight after I've finished building them......
    Yes, Exo-Force is finished after this year according to the Lego forums. There is no charge to d/l the instructions, but if you want to access the special features, you need to sign up (free). And, you need the Exo-Force special bricks that come with some of the sets to get stuff as well (screensavers, wallpapers etc...).
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

It's a pity Exo-Force finished as they were starting to have hints at transformable mechs. It was a great run, especailly the build on the last few mechs, which is a shame. I managed to get the lot of Exo's bar the Golden Tower, Devastator, and that flying drone vehicle from wave 1.

Anyway, my recent acquisitions thanks to the sales:
    - 7036 Castle: Dwarves Mine
    - 4995 Creator: Cargo Copter
    - 4998 Creator: Stegosaurus

The cargo copter was a huge dissapointment. Besides the pull back motor winch, its a pretty bare and sparse looking helicopter. The Dwarves Mine is full of features and play value - lots of moving objects. The mine carts build was particularly surprising. The Stegosaurus is a must for Creator fans. It's BIG, a lot bigger thaa I expected. Heavy too.

I'm waiting for the new Mars Mission sets and the huge Agents truck/base. Blardy expensive hobbies we have.

Stickied.... although I suspect this one will stay top or close to it anyway (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Goddamnit. Now one shopping trip will have me posting in three threads...

Couple of Exo-Forces...

Saw something special that I've never seen at retail before too. Not telling in case it all gets bought up, but if you're in Melbourne, and you're good looking, PM me and I might tell you.

i'm ugly..can you tell me??? unless its Lego related

I was hoping to start the thread. I picked up a chunk of stuff too today though none for myself really but will smuggle upstairs later.

What've you got coming Fungal? That Legoshop order?
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Do they charge for the instructions?
    I found the instructions online, it just bugs me that there aren't paper versions I don't have to print out in at least one of the set. No matter. I'll just have to build at the computer.

If Exo-Force is finishing, I have better get the last 2 sets I'm missing from this wave!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    I found the instructions online, it just bugs me that there aren't paper versions I don't have to print out in at least one of the set. No matter. I'll just have to build at the computer.

If Exo-Force is finishing, I have better get the last 2 sets I'm missing from this wave!
    I'm w/ Thanatos. I like my computer but when I'm building Lego I don't precisely like reading instructions off the net. It's not that sorta time.

Oh, and yes, I read that last night on one of the Lego forums and was bitterly disappointed. Apparently a lot was to do with Lego failing to promote this latest wave effectively. Me? I just think the new designs hardly come even close to matching the 2006 and 2007 sets. Of the new stuff I only really like the Hybrid Rescue Tank and Storm Lasher and Dark Panther. The latter two only make the cut courtesy of hte combo form. But aside from that they definitely are a step down on the originals.e
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection