Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Australian Legoland Discovery Centre to open at Chadstone mall

Default Australian Legoland Discovery Centre to open at Chadstone mall

Reported on The Age

Melbourne's massive Chadstone shopping mall is set to be the home for Australia's first major Lego attraction.

The mall's owners say the new Legoland Discovery Centre, due to open in mid-2017, will cover a massive 2800 square metres, equal to about 30 averaged-size homes, and will boast interactive rides, play areas and even a small cinema to keep the kids occupied.

The Chadstone Lego centre will make be the first discovery centre in southern hemisphere for Lego, which was described in January by Forbes' Fast Company publication as "the Apple of toys".

The Australian store will join a global network of Lego Discovery Centres operated by British group Merlin Entertainment, including nine in North America, four in Europe and two in Japan.

Exactly how large does a Lego Center have to be to be considered 'major'? I remember a Legoland in Sydney. I had fond memories of it but I've been told it lasted about as long as Segaworld did.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

So I guess those debunked rumours were true all along. Not that I'm likely to go there anytime soon.

I hope it includes a lego store, then whenever I'm down in Melbourne I will most certainly want to go to Chadstone, even though we usually do (they have pretty good shops in that mall)
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Bad news everyone (except those of you with kids)

RUMOUR CONFIRMED: A new toy store at Chadstone will not allow adults inside its "discovery centre" without a child.

3AW Breakfast's Rumour File was told LEGOLAND would ban adults from visiting the store alone.

The store has since confirmed it would not permit entry into the discovery centre to groups of adults, adult couples, or lone adults, who are not accompanied by a child or children under the age of 16.

It says its "primary objective is to provide a safe and fun attraction for families with children to enjoy together."

Management said it would host "regular evening events specifically for adults" to cater for demand.

The store opens next month.
    Source 3AW

^^^ i thought that was already known?
    it's primarily a kids theme park and play centre, not a lego shop.
    i can understand though if you just want to go in the shop area it could be annoying. maybe they will have that in a separate area.

I applied for the master model builder job there and got into the 'brickfactor' competition. failed dismally lol. also applied for general retail roles and did get a phone interview but didn't get through. i will check it out at some point with my nephew once it opens.

Lol at this article in the age - http://www.theage.com.au/business/co...19-gvnvcr.html

Seriously its a kids theme park and play centre - sounds like this guy should go back to drinking -

"As someone who has recently quit drinking, I am looking for fun things to do over the weekend to fill my time. An afternoon at a Legoland show sounds like an awesome time."

yeah I'm not sure why people are not getting the message. there are definitely things like the shop and some displays that I want to see. I don't necessarily want to go on the rides etc.

LOL at the drinking comments.

Discrimination. Seriously?

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Does he not realise the damage he is doing to himself and other Lego fans? The news website is making him, and by extension, all adult Lego fans, look like a petulant child.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain