Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lego 1966 TV series Batcave!

Timing and price... i've got fingers crossed this will be Targets Toy Sale crown jewel this year.... (Only $20 more RRP than Ewok Villiage)

And Doubtful, but GBHQ the BigW 2 per store $#%&*!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Good, a big expensive set that holds little to no interest to me. The minifigures and vehicles look great but the size and design of the bat cave and climbable wall to the manor are awful.

Even if it was sold for the US$ price here I would give it a skip. Not $400 worth in this set at all.
    Yeah. It's such a shame as I had high hopes for this. Not liking the 'Bat Cave' or the Helicopter or the building. Even after a closer look at the Batmobile, I don't even find that all that great. I will definately wait to see if Target will sell it since they sold the Tumbler. And wait for one of their 'glitch' sales.

Out of the Lego game for a long time, do these big "collector" sets typically come to retail here?

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Out of the Lego game for a long time, do these big "collector" sets typically come to retail here?
    Yep sometimes. Myer, BigW and Target will generally have some of these sets as their exclusive. Like the UCS Tie Fighter, Batmobile, Slave 1 etc. not all of these "collector" sets will make it to retail though so it's hard to say which sets will appear (and usually 3-6months after the initial release).

Love the Catwoman minifig, the vintage vehicles are quite appealing as well. Expensive set though.

Anyone seen these in the wild yet ? I have been told Target has had these in limited numbers like 1 to 2 and apparently they flew off the shelf.

Just what this Batcave needs. A TV series Mr Freeze free with any order over $100 from Lego's online store this month:

so much want, so expensive
    I'm crying fat tears

Quote Originally Posted by Destructicon View Post
    Anyone seen these in the wild yet ? I have been told Target has had these in limited numbers like 1 to 2 and apparently they flew off the shelf.
    Seeming the Lego release date (online and in Lego stores) was AFTER you asked this, and there has been no one on any Aus Lego website saying it's been seen in Australia.... I'd say someone was pulling your leg....

But never fear.... Mid year sales are coming.... Hoping its in there somewhere

Sounded too good to be true when I heard it but yes lets hope so