Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Megatran Guest

Anyone attend the Canberra Brick Expo this weekend?

Is there a guide on grey brick color terminology? Apparently there are lots of different shades and for my project to work, I need to be consistent in color for each piece so need to be sure when ordering.

I am basically after a light shade of grey. I was going to settle with 'bluish grey' but perhaps light grey would be more optimal. I just need to see the differences

Here's the colour guide used on bricklink:
    https://www.bricklink.com/catalogCol...content=subnav

Curious to know if there are standard display stands everyone is buying for their Lego ships.

I came across laserlab on eBay and their customs look amazing. If you've bought from them before, can anyone provide feedback over their angled 75105 Millennium Falcon display stand? How well does it hold?

Thanks in advance guys!

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Curious to know if there are standard display stands everyone is buying for their Lego ships.

I came across laserlab on eBay and their customs look amazing. If you've bought from them before, can anyone provide feedback over their angled 75105 Millennium Falcon display stand? How well does it hold?

Thanks in advance guys!
    www.yetistand.com

He has a specific brick adaptor for the 75105 Falcon.

I have a few of his stands for my Macross Valkyries. Not cheap, but very much worth it.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    www.yetistand.com

He has a specific brick adaptor for the 75105 Falcon.

I have a few of his stands for my Macross Valkyries. Not cheap, but very much worth it.
    Thanks Trent. The end effect is definitely amazing! Won't be buying them for all my ships, but I'd like the Falcon to be in a more dynamic pose.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I am really struggling with Bricklink. The order parts count that I have is like 470 pieces yet the stores that have the supply have a lot averag so high that I can never reach it despite that amount. Others have horrible prices - One went as high as $200 while most other places are around $70 for the lot. They seem to impose so many restrictions that I always get caught out while making my order and need to look for another seller and it's not exactly easy to fill in the cart.

Another problem I have is that I can't piecemeal it across vendors because they have ridiculously high minimum order costs but only have a few items I need.

Ordering the pieces has been a lot harder than working out the pieces needed of my build. I am very close to giving up on this project due to how hard it is to order parts.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I am really struggling with Bricklink. The order parts count that I have is like 470 pieces yet the stores that have the supply have a lot averag so high that I can never reach it despite that amount. Others have horrible prices - One went as high as $200 while most other places are around $70 for the lot. They seem to impose so many restrictions that I always get caught out while making my order and need to look for another seller and it's not exactly easy to fill in the cart.

Another problem I have is that I can't piecemeal it across vendors because they have ridiculously high minimum order costs but only have a few items I need.

Ordering the pieces has been a lot harder than working out the pieces needed of my build. I am very close to giving up on this project due to how hard it is to order parts.
    presume youre using the auto finder?

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    presume youre using the auto finder?
    What's the autofindee? i just search for parts across stores.

Kup, Have you tried using the part search? I sometimes use this page as a starting point & say I need a large amount of a certain brick, I'll find a store that's stocking enough of what I need & go from there. Sometimes you won't find one particular store that has absolutely everything you need so in that case I'd buy the parts I need from 2 stores or more.

For example, Here's all the stores that currently stock light-bluish gray 2x4 bricks. It may take a while to search what else these stores have in stock but it might be worth a look.