Thread: New Lego Store at Dreamworld

Default New Lego Store at Dreamworld

Delayed from its planned November opening due to tragedy on one of the rides, the Lego store at Dreamworld (Gold Coast) opened yesterday... said to be the first full Lego store in Australia.

It's a bit out of the way for Lego fans, even those in Brisbane, at least it is at the front of the park, so that you don't need to buy admission to access it.

The flagship store will be part of a stand-alone precinct at Dreamworld’s front entry with with customer access available both inside outside of the park. At 350 square metres, the Lego store will be the largest retail outlet at Dreamworld.

The store will feature 10 life-size Lego models, and will stock one of the most comprehensive ranges of Lego products in Australia, including hard-to-find and collectors’ items, a ‘Pick a Brick’ wall, make-your-own mini-figure’ stations and Lego brick engraving.

“Visitors will have access to some of the most exclusive and hard to find Lego products plus special Lego events...”

The location makes no sense. I've been to the Gold Coast theme parks, they are kinda in the middle of the bush.

EDIT: Just had a look on Google Maps. Wow in the last 20 years since I was visited the theme parks and never visited cause they were not that great the theme parks have been surrounded by houses and strip malls. I wouldn't want to live next to a theme park even if it did have a Lego Store.