View Poll Results: TR Voyager Megatron - worth buying?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 45.83%
  • Only if...

2 8.33%
  • I'll wait for the inevitable Blitzwing version

7 29.17%
  • Not worth it.

1 4.17%
  • Not even interested in this.

3 12.50%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Megatron with Doomshot

Also sort of (in intent, not quite in execution)

IDW Megatron is at one point based off the Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post

This is true, and this idea was originally meant to be done with Generation 2 Megatron but the product was cancelled (though later released as BB).

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post

Damn! How could I forget about the stealth bomber.

I swear I saw a megatron that transformed into a jet similar (at least deco wise) to this toy
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Pretty good toy, I have to say I prefer this one over his combiner wars release. This one I feel has better proportions and articulation and incorporates a lot of nice features. I realize that this is going to be reminded as blitzwing but I can't help but feel that they had megatron in mind when it was designed as the blitzwing remold doesn't seem to have a cockpit chest as he usually does but it suits megatron pretty well. Headmaster has a great face as well, the bucket head we all know and love. Also for some reason I feel the mini on fits really well into the jet cockpit with just his tiny head showing up through the clear plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by KingGrimlock View Post
    Pretty good toy, I have to say I prefer this one over his combiner wars release.
    Whhooooaa... that's pretty epic considering how incredibly awesome CW Megatron is! I'm not interested in this Megatron and I was on the fence about getting the Blitzwing redeco, but this comment has further swayed me towards considering buying Blitzwing. We all know that Generations Blitzwing has those pathetic shoulders so it'd be nice to get a new one. But on the other hand...

This one I feel has better proportions and articulation and incorporates a lot of nice features. I realize that this is going to be reminded as blitzwing but I can't help but feel that they had megatron in mind when it was designed as the blitzwing remold doesn't seem to have a cockpit chest as he usually does but it suits megatron pretty well.
    It would be really lazy for Hasbro not to have a new chest for Blitzwing. As far as I can tell Megatron's chest doesn't form part of either alt mode.

Btw, would anyone be able to post photos? It'd be easier to have photos on this thread/browser to look at rather than opening a new browser and shifting through images (and having to omit search results for 3P KOs )

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

From the 2017 Australian Toy & Hobby Fair thread on this site.
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=24031

And some Megatron

It really might be the same chest under the paint.

The chest is the underside of the tank but also forms the back of the jet. I was just trying to show how the transformation means that the the cockpit can't form part of the chest like it normally does for blitzwing and they would need a false one. Combiner wars megatron was ok for me, I didn't like his shoulders or arms in general or the headsculpt. Just me being nit picky really. As for comparing it to generations blitzwing... hooboy.. that's another argument all together, each has its own merits but I would probably give it to the combiner wars for having a more solid figure and that the junk hanging off it is less noticeable. I would argue the generations version has a better robo mode

Cheers for that, Jellico. The retooled chest does make it look much better.

I was just trying to show how the transformation means that the the cockpit can't form part of the chest like it normally does for blitzwing and they would need a false one.
    It's only the back rise of the cockpit that forms the top of G1 Blitzwing's chest. Most of his cockpit actually sits on his back.

As for comparing it to generations blitzwing... hooboy.. that's another argument all together, each has its own merits but I would probably give it to the combiner wars for having a more solid figure and that the junk hanging off it is less noticeable. I would argue the generations version has a better robo mode
    Although bear in mind that Generations Blitzwing was exclusively designed to be Blitzwing rather than being co-designed to be Blitzwing and Megatron. A similar argument could exist for CW G1 Megatron as that toy was concurrently developed to be Armada Megatron as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Although bear in mind that Generations Blitzwing was exclusively designed to be Blitzwing rather than being co-designed to be Blitzwing and Megatron. A similar argument could exist for CW G1 Megatron as that toy was concurrently developed to be Armada Megatron as well.
    That's a fair point, I forgot about armada megatron. I guess then I would say this figure is a lot like generations springer/sandstorm, the mold works for both characters really well even though its the same basic structure (although theres a bit more retooling with the springer/sandstorm mold).