Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello there, fellow Melburnian here!

Talking Hello there, fellow Melburnian here!

Hope everyone is having a good day

Now I actually knew about Ozformers since 2014, but now I decided to finally join the community.

Like most of you here, I am a big fan of the Transformers; however, my early years of embracing the hobby began as recent as 2007 when I first saw the first live-action Transformers movie when I was 6 years old. When the Autobots first arrived on Earth, transforming in front of Sam and Mikayla, I was completly mesmerised. Never before had I ever seen an ordinary vehicle transform into a gigantic, 20-30 foot robot. At that moment, I immediatly became a fan, and a few months later I got my very first Transformers figure: 2007 Movie Deluxe Class Jazz. Even with its flaws, it was still a fun figure to play with.

Although I am a fan of the movie continuity, I mostly cherish and like the first movie, above the sequels. I am also familiar with Generation 1 as I was introduced to that shortly after I saw the first movie. I currently collect figures from the movie that are either vintage ones from 2007 or Japanese exclusives. If the oppertunity arises, I would occasionally collect Masterpiece figures I could get my hands on. My collection isn't too big, but it is gradually increasing overtime.

It is nice to meet you all

"Autobots, roll out!"
    "We rollin'"

FatalityPitt Guest

Welcome Melbournian!

Ah yes, Movie-verse Jazz was a very cool Transformer. It's a real shame that he had to die in the first film. If you don't have it yet, I hear that Human Alliance Jazz is excellent

Again, welcome! Anytime you wanna talk transformers, we'll be here.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Welcome Melbournian!

Ah yes, Movie-verse Jazz was a very cool Transformer. It's a real shame that he had to die in the first film. If you don't have it yet, I hear that Human Alliance Jazz is excellent

Again, welcome! Anytime you wanna talk transformers, we'll be here.

Thank you!

I was considering getting Human Alliance Jazz. I mean, it is an absolutely gorgeous figure. But it was a bit hard for me to get it becuase a) it was ridiculously overpriced and b) a majority of listings on eBay were all KOs.

"Autobots, roll out!"
    "We rollin'"

Welcome. It's great to see some younger fans who actually grew up around the 2007 movie and continue to be fans today because of these movies.

Quote Originally Posted by '07Camaro View Post
    my early years of embracing the hobby began as recent as 2007 when I first saw the first live-action Transformers movie when I was 6 years old.
    Many of us who grew up with G1 in the 1980s hardly consider 2007 toys to be "vintage." Then again, I don't even consider G1 to be 'vintage' or even nostalgic because I've never stopped collecting (or playing with) Transformers. I think things only feel vintage or nostalgic if you take a long break and come back to it. But thanks, that quote made me feel like the Iron Man to your Spider-Man.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by '07Camaro View Post
    I was considering getting Human Alliance Jazz. I mean, it is an absolutely gorgeous figure. But it was a bit hard for me to get it becuase a) it was ridiculously overpriced and b) a majority of listings on eBay were all KOs.
    That's cool. When you're 16 (I'm assuming you're 16), money can be really scarce. But, never say never. When I was a kid growing up in the 1990's, I always wanted a G1 Prowl, but could never find one because I got into Transformers too late. 20+ years later, I found myself a G1 Prowl on eBay. Costed a bit more than an average transformer of that scale/line, but it was totally worth it! .. Well, for me anyways

Welcome to otca! It's pretty cool that Jazz was your first figure! Do you still have him? Any other movie figures you really like?

Personally I think the HA Jazz is a little over hyped, I actually prefer the premium deluxe.

If you are keen on tracking one down though, looks like an eBay auction would be the way to go. Quite a few of the completed ones that appear to be genuine finished at under $100. And there's a decent photo guide on tfw for identifying a KO here.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Welcome to otca! It's pretty cool that Jazz was your first figure! Do you still have him? Any other movie figures you really like?

Personally I think the HA Jazz is a little over hyped, I actually prefer the premium deluxe.

If you are keen on tracking one down though, looks like an eBay auction would be the way to go. Quite a few of the completed ones that appear to be genuine finished at under $100. And there's a decent photo guide on tfw for identifying a KO here.

Cheers Unfortunatly, my dad threw it out as time passed. It was really saddening when I found out, but I will never forget how much fun I had playing with it.

However, 10 years later, I managed to finally get another Deluxe Jazz off eBay! And I cannot wait until I receive it (later in the next coming week, I think). As much as I love the aesthetics of HA Jazz, I agree with your preference of the Premium Jazz as it works well with scale while being visually appealing.

In terms of other movie figures I like, the 07 figures are really charming to me, especially the main cast. I got Jazz back and the 07 Leader Prime as a foundation for my 07 main cast collection which I am rebuilding and expanding. I am planning to get the rest of the Autobots soon and maybe some of the main decepticons in the near future. I've also grown on the AD31 Armor Knight Optimus Prime and the Black Knight repaint, which I am also planning to purchase as my definitive AOE Optimus. Other movie figures I like are Buster Prime (and pretty much every ROTF Leader Prime mold), HFTD Leader Starscream, Masterpiece 07 Bumblebee, TLK Leader Megatron, Movie the Best figures and even the 3A figures to name a few.

"Autobots, roll out!"
    "We rollin'"

I honestly cannot believe that there are parents who would throw out their kids toys without consulting them. It both angers and saddens me whenever I hear these stories.

That's cool. When you're 16 (I'm assuming you're 16), money can be really scarce. But, never say never. When I was a kid growing up in the 1990's, I always wanted a G1 Prowl, but could never find one because I got into Transformers too late.
    Many earlier G1 figures were reissued in the early 90s (in the gold Classic packaging). In 1990-91 I managed to pick up Classic reissues of:
    * Prowl
    * Tracks
    * Sideswipe
    * Drag Strip
    * Wildrider
    * Dead End
    * Rollbar (although I had the original... first time I bought a variant of a toy I already had)

Hasbro also re-released some early G1 figures as mail-away items available with Robot Points. I got my Thundercracker, Sunstreaker, Ratchet and Wheeljack by doing so. Money is certainly more limited when you're a kid, and these re-releases and reissues proved invaluable in allowing us to acquire G1 toys that we missed when they were out on shelves in the mid-80s.

That's cool. When you're 16 (I'm assuming you're 16), money can be really scarce. But, never say never. When I was a kid growing up in the 1990's, I always wanted a G1 Prowl, but could never find one because I got into Transformers too late. 20+ years later, I found myself a G1 Prowl on eBay. Costed a bit more than an average transformer of that scale/line, but it was totally worth it! .. Well, for me anyways
    Thanks for the words of encourangement (and yes, I am 16). It does take some time for me to get new figures due to the scarcity, but at the same time it is not too much of a bad thing. It makes getting a new figure from eBay or Toys R Us a special occasion; something to look forward too. To me, it always feels exciting when I experience a figure that I missed out on or one that came out recently. Also, congrats on that G1 Prowl! To a small extent, I am a fan of G1, so I am looking forward to experiencing those figures whenever I can.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I honestly cannot believe that there are parents who would throw out their kids toys without consulting them. It both angers and saddens me whenever I hear these stories.
    As a kid, it definatly can be a heartbreaker. But thanks to eBay and other online stores, it's possible to retrieve those old figures back. Granted, it would never feel the same as it did before, but it reminds me of the fun I had with the figure.

"Autobots, roll out!"
    "We rollin'"