Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Miniatures

Default Star Wars Miniatures

This thread was spawn off from kuzzy's Beast Wars RPG thread.

kuzzy and I might be getting together for a game of Star Wars Miniatures. It's a very easy and fun game to learn and play so if anyone else is interested PM me.

Here is a YouTube video review of the game and here is a text review. Here is the official site. Wikipedia entry.

Online demo

Feel free to post any other comments or questions relating to the game in this thread.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

I thought about organising an online game but it'd be too easy (for the other person of course) to cheat.
    I think I'm the only person of the 5 million plus in Victoria that owns this game and figures.

This game would be far more popular if the boosters weren't so damned overpriced. (-_-)

You could just play Warhammer 40k, and Star wars it up.

But seriously, At the gamming club of which I'm a member there was a short boom of Starwars minatures, however the game soon died, and the minatures were instead conscripted into a game called Hordes of the Things http://theminiaturespage.com/rules/fan/hott.html, that you can use any minatures for. In order to make armies people bought up cheap Star Wars minis online of the lesser pieces. So now I've seen pitched battles between the Old Republic Sith, Clone Troopers, Gungans, Wookies, and even those guys who live on the Lava planet. If you just want to get use of your figures it might be worth a look, but for the actual Star Wars game I've not seen much of it.

They're still played in game stores here and there - a few of them still run official DCI games, but yeah... it's massively shrunken now. There aren't as many regular DCI league games and tournaments as there used to be afaik. I got a few rare repainted minis and counters that are DCI prize exclusives. The prize-exclusive "Gonk" Power Droid is pretty nice (the regular one is bland).

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zed
    even those guys who live on the Lava planet
    Mustafarians.

Mustafarian Soldier & Mustafarian Flea Rider

kuzzy, I've PMed you a few times - could you please RESPOND. Thanks.

If they ever released a Force Awakens booster set for SW Minis, this is at least one miniature that I'd like to see included.

did you make that up? nice hehe. he has an official name and back story now.
    i actually bought a few rpg books but never played, i was mostly interested in the lore and stuff. i bought a few of the d20 saga edition books and i think a random one here or there, had no idea really where to play and it's been discontinued/replaced now anywhere. i'll just stick with kotor lol.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    did you make that up? nice hehe. he has an official name and back story now.
    Yeah, it's my own creation, thanks. It is just meant to be a non-Unique character though and not necessarily just FN-2199. So theoretically, if this miniature existed, you could field more than one in your squad, and Bounty Hunters wouldn't have any Attack bonus against them.

does anyone play any star wars RPGS or board games/miniatures games?